Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - new to the forum.

I recently bought a 1 year old (2005/55 plate) Mazda 6 TS2 hatchback from a UK dealer, which I have been driving for 2 months.

On 3 separate occasions so far, I've come outside to the car and found all the windows completely down. They were all up and the car locked when I left it.

The only reference I can find (searching the forums and the net) to anything similar mentions something about 'self-opening windows' (although only on 2006 models ?) and suggests that the keyfob mght be responsible.

Can anyone shed more light on this 'feature' or do you think I have an electrical problem ?

When I read that the keyfob might be cause, I think that there is a good chance that on each of the three occasions, I might have been in the house doing stuff (DIY etc) with my keys in my pocket.

Is there a certain combination of button presses on the remote fob that will lower all the windows ?

Any thought appreciated - thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK - I've found the answer to my own problem.

It turns out that if you hold down the unlock button for a few seconds on the remote keyfob, all the windows will open fully and if you hold down the lock button, they will close.

Apparently this feature is to allow ventilation of the cabin before getting in.

As far as I'm concerned, the security implications in doing this accidentally (which is fairly easy to do, as I seem to have proved) far outweigh the benefits of such a feature !

I might enquire as to whether this can be switched off. Failing that, I'm going to have to be very careful what I do with my keys when I'm inside the house or within range of the car...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts