Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's snowing over here today. On a travel for work, I saw a '6, covered with snow, on a flatbed. So it leaves me wonder if someone came out to their new '6 this morning, only to have it not start.

Has anyone had any problems along these lines?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: Uh-oh

How cold did it get overnight?

In '91 my Dad had a brand new Taurus that wouldn't start for three days during a cold snap. My '76 Impala that sat next to his car fired up on the first try all three of those days. Father was less than pleased. Otherwise had no trouble with that car.

Did it have plates on it? It could also be that someone was transporting one to another location.

·
Registered
262 Posts

It wasn't even that cold here. It was like 34 degrees with practically no wind. One of those weird snow days that NJ has...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Hmm seems strange.

Our Renault Laguna has been standing in the garage (no heating) for like three weeks in -10 to -20 degrees and it had no trouble starting. My dad started it, but I trust him :) I have noticed the 6 to be a little "slow" - you have to turn the key a second longer maybe, when it's really cold, but it has never failed to start on the first try (neither has the Laguna

1 - 4 of 4 Posts