Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I must have gotten something on my maf, dirt, water, who knows but when I get into the boost it misses really really bad. So I took apart my cpe intake and cleaned the maf. Cleared the codes, car ran great for about a day and now everything is the same again. I know my filter is dirty from snow, etc. Am i just continuously pulling dirt onto my maf and thats why its running like shit and throw maf and misfire codes? Can I change my cpe intake into a shorter one by cutting it? I really dont care about it being a short ram, I just want the damn filter to be clean, dry, and the Maf to stop getting dirty. Help anyone?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Did you clean the connectors on the MAF sensor and the plug with the MAF sensor cleaner as well?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No just the sensor that looks like a little electrode thing. Not the plug itself. Its apart now. Should i?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I recleaned the maf again, and cleaned the connections and the runs like it hasnt for a while. But the filter is super nasty. I dont want to drop 40 dollars on another if this is going to keep happening. Can these cpe intakes be made into short ram?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the filter? If it's really dirty and the car "misses" it could be that it's running too rich because it's not getting enough air.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
lol yah just clean the filter. make sure its an oiled filter before i re-oil it haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm not sure. Its a cpe filter and its a little too late. I'm sooooo lost om this car. Ok cleaned the whole intake, the filter, the maf, cleared codes. Car ran super crazy quick. Then this morning it won't stay started, then finally it does when I get into the boost hard it backfires and misses. Now the maf code is on again. But the car is running smooth again. Its back and forth. Should I pull the plugs? I don't understand how it can run amazingly at one sec then run rough another then run smooth again..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts