Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first creak sound that I constantly get is from my seat. It's not loose, nor is the sound comming from the bracketry. It's a plastic sound in the seat back left side. But when I hold my hands over trying to stablize the plastic covers on that side I realize it isnt them that's making the noise. It happens when I engage the clutch or have the force of acceleration push on my seat back.

Ive mentioned it to the dealer 10+ times and they say the oiled it once. That did nothing, from no one they say there's nothing they can do. Ive ripped them several times about it on the mazda surveys they send after getting work done.

Now my second one worries me alot. It sound like the passenger from door frame and door shift on bumps, accels and deccels. Almost like a metal crack sound, as if the rigidity is compromised. Sounds like it's comming from either the front mount of the front pass door or possibly inside the door. Maybe even further down inside the foot well right where the passenger right ankle would be. It sounds like it has some strenghth behind the sound and not a simple plastic or typical loose interior panel sound. A metalic almost cracking sound, takes a fairly hard accel or downshift or a large pothole. It just started too. But it's definately inside the car and not something mechanical on the outside such as a suspension. My ears arent that bad.

Anyone encounter these and what can I do about them? :swearin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the exact same sound from the front seat passenger area. When I accel and brake. To me it sounds like it is coming from inside the dash, near the A-pillar. It is noticeable. I am afraid it is inside of the dash. No solutions yet....

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have similar problems, but I have found out it's the passenger belt who's making the noise. So from now on. I always fasten the passenger belt, even if i'm alone in the car.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yep... I have the same creak. Drivers seat, when I accelerate. I think it's coming from either the inside, or link that hooks up the back part of the seat, to the bottom part.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My first creak sound that I constantly get is from my seat. It's not loose, nor is the sound comming from the bracketry. It's a plastic sound in the seat back left side. But when I hold my hands over trying to stablize the plastic covers on that side I realize it isnt them that's making the noise. It happens when I engage the clutch or have the force of acceleration push on my seat back.

Ive mentioned it to the dealer 10+ times and they say the oiled it once. That did nothing, from no one they say there's nothing they can do. Ive ripped them several times about it on the mazda surveys they send after getting work done.
Now my second one worries me alot. It sound like the passenger from door frame and door shift on bumps, accels and deccels. Almost like a metal crack sound, as if the rigidity is compromised. Sounds like it's comming from either the front mount of the front pass door or possibly inside the door. Maybe even further down inside the foot well right where the passenger right ankle would be. It sounds like it has some strenghth behind the sound and not a simple plastic or typical loose interior panel sound. A metalic almost cracking sound, takes a fairly hard accel or downshift or a large pothole. It just started too. But it's definately inside the car and not something mechanical on the outside such as a suspension. My ears arent that bad.

Anyone encounter these and what can I do about them? :swearin:
[/b]
I had the drivers seat clicking as well, used some WD40 to see if it would get rid of it, still did not. Got frustrated and shook/rocked/slammed the seat myself from the driving position and from the backseat to see where it was coming from. Well after the lubing and shaking i dont have anymore noise.... not that im recomending this to anyone to do.

I too have that clicking noise in the passenger front area, mine sounds like its the glovebox or something flexing. All the ways you described. I have to back out of my garage and its a fairly steep driveway and when i turn backing at that angle there is that click/metal flex pop or something. I have removed the glovebox so its not that. I believe something behind the glove/dash needs to be tightened.

Mine always makes that noise when i back out of my driveway, other times its not noticeable really for me.
Will eventually get in there and see what i can wrench on. Let u know unless someone else does

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Underneath the two front seats runs a plastic wide hallow tube that's for the A/C. It's not held down to the ground by anything and that could cause some noise when your car goes over bumps it could smack into the metal. Might want to look into that, I noticed it when I dynamatted my floor.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have an annoying rattle that seems to be coming from the rear package shelf. Haven't figured exactly what it is, but I am about to take a plasma cutter the thing. jk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also have the metal on metal click sound from the passenger a-pillar area. Certain bumps in the road will trigger the sound. I've had my car since January, and the sound didn't start until the weather starting heating up. The heating and cooling of the dash really effects it. Now that cooler weather is here, it doesn't happen much. It absolutely drives me crazy, I almost want to trade in the car to get rid of it. Some people and even my dealer say it's the dash alignment pin, which is inside a white box in the corner of the dash. If you take out the glove box or the little cover on the side of dash when the door is open, you can see it. I can't reach it, someone with tiny hands needs to get in there and see what's up. If you read the regular 6 forums, people will throw out fixes such as stuffing foam down the front of the dash and the windshield, which didn't work for me. The dealer said to try sticking a crow bar up there to try to move the white box away from pipe/dash support thing. I haven't tried that yet, but someone needs to find a fix please!!!!!

Cam

·
Registered
34 Posts
The A-pillar trim is a possible source. Make sure its seated by pressing along its length. It has a tendency to work loose, enough to cause some noise but not enough to fall onto your lap.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I have the rattle in the passengers side. It sounds like it is coming from the far corner of the dash. It sounds to me almost exactly like the dash alignment pin rattle that I had on my 2003 6s. I am likely going to have my dealership give it a look at the first service. It comes and goes but rattles when I bog the engine at low RPM's or I hit light road bumps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts