Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. One of you was coming onto Buckley AFB this evening, about 6 p.m. Yellow 6 with a club sticker in the small window of the rear door. Blacked out flying M on the front. We exchanged glances...you know..."the look."

The second of you is a hotdog driving a white Speed6 in the Springs. You rode my ass off I-25 onto Interquest Parkway, and when I moved over, you decided to show off and go about double the speed limit down Powers North (you're lucky...they've been patrolling that a LOT lately). Even if I COULD have kept up, I wouldn't have -- you were FLYING down a dangerous stretch of road.

Come on. Fess up! Who are you!?!?!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
ok i confess.. that was me, i was riding your ass and speeding along powers..... oh wait, i forgot, that was just a dream that I was driving a white speed :drool: sooo never mind.. my bad...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
A White Speed 6? Do you guys suppose it was the guy that went with you guys to the spring dustoff at Dashworks???? His Speed was white.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoever it was decided to show off. I think there were two people in the car, but I'm not sure. Dark windows.

Memphis -- you and I had the same dream, only my Speed6 was Titanium!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I know it is sacriligious to say,but I am starting to have dreams of the......................SPEED 3!...Damn that car is sick! They are calling it the "WRX KILLER" in Sport Compact Car Magazine and MAZDASPORT magazine. "Fastest FRONT-wheel drive car in production!"

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Whoever it was decided to show off. I think there were two people in the car, but I'm not sure. Dark windows.

Memphis -- you and I had the same dream, only my Speed6 was Titanium!
[/b]

ya, you wanna know something sad though,,, that dream that Im having,, could come true... I just took my car in today cause the engine totally seized up on me.. I think it could be something pretty serious. I have been having a ticking in it for over a month now and I took it in to them when it first started and all the told me was it was grease on my belt. I was like wtf :sarc: . So all they did was steam clean my engine.. So anyways, the next day it was still there and I called them back and told them so they wanted me to bring it back and I told them I couldnt cause I had a baby coming any day now so I was gonna wait til afterwards. Well I HAD and apointment for Monday to bring it in but I didnt make it.. Today I was coming back from blockbuster and I started it up and was sitting there for a few mins and I noticed that the ticking sound was getting louder, then BAM!!! all the sudden the engine quit. I tried turing it back on and it was barely cranking over not even a half crank and the sound was a squealing grinding sound like metal on metal, soo ya, I think something seriouly bad has happened.. So I have it in the shop now and wont know til next week whats going on but I have a feeling its not gonna be pretty.. SOOOOOO if it does turn out bad, I may either be getting a new engine or credit for a new car and wink wink, here comes mr SPEED!!!! That is if I can quailfy for one lol.. So we'll see....

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it is sacriligious to say,but I am starting to have dreams of the......................SPEED 3!...Damn that car is sick! They are calling it the "WRX KILLER" in Sport Compact Car Magazine and MAZDASPORT magazine. "Fastest FRONT-wheel drive car in production!"
[/b]
I like the performance it offers, but it's just too...teeny bopper for me. Would make me feel like part of the teenage street racing crowd. Hella fast, but I'm just not a small hatch guy.

ya, you wanna know something sad though,,, that dream that Im having,, could come true... I just took my car in today cause the engine totally seized up on me.. I think it could be something pretty serious. I have been having a ticking in it for over a month now and I took it in to them when it first started and all the told me was it was grease on my belt. I was like wtf :sarc: . So all they did was steam clean my engine.. So anyways, the next day it was still there and I called them back and told them so they wanted me to bring it back and I told them I couldnt cause I had a baby coming any day now so I was gonna wait til afterwards. Well I HAD and apointment for Monday to bring it in but I didnt make it.. Today I was coming back from blockbuster and I started it up and was sitting there for a few mins and I noticed that the ticking sound was getting louder, then BAM!!! all the sudden the engine quit. I tried turing it back on and it was barely cranking over not even a half crank and the sound was a squealing grinding sound like metal on metal, soo ya, I think something seriouly bad has happened.. So I have it in the shop now and wont know til next week whats going on but I have a feeling its not gonna be pretty.. SOOOOOO if it does turn out bad, I may either be getting a new engine or credit for a new car and wink wink, here comes mr SPEED!!!! That is if I can quailfy for one lol.. So we'll see....
[/b]
Good luck, man! I hope ya get what ya want out of it. I'll probably have my 6 another year, minimum. Wife is going to be pissed (assuming she's still my wife...) because my next car is NOT going to have the word "practical" in its description. I'm looking Speed 6, Mustang GT, RX-8, etc. My daughter will have her own car by then, and I'll be driving something fast!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
As am I,I am looking Mostly at the new Audi RS4 or the Rousch Mustang for my first choices and I may even trade in my truck on another truck close to that time too.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As am I,I am looking Mostly at the new Audi RS4 or the Rousch Mustang for my first choices and I may even trade in my truck on another truck close to that time too.
[/b]

Must be nice to have the money. If I'm still married, I'll be lucky to be able to afford a frickin scooter.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
It's not about HAVING the money,It's about working TWO FULL TIME jobs! One job for the family,One for my Car! That's why I don't even have time to DRIVE the damn car most of the time! I ask for time off for shows and meets,other than that I am working at one of two jobs!
If I just plain HAD the money,I would have already HAD one of those cars by now! I am also lucky that my significant other makes enough money,that she pays her own bills and doesn't ask for more money from me than to pay the mortgage,car payments,and a few other bills. She pays for her own frivolities/habits/clothes,etc . I keep a separate bank account I put a little money in every week just to pay the bills on my car with. It is called Creative Financing!.....and besides ,anyone can go get another job,it's just a matter of how much of your health you want to sacrifice for the other things you want!..lol No sleep/not eating right,etc,etc. lol

·
Registered
909 Posts
^ You are the man. I was wondering how you were able to go to those shows and how your wife was always fine with it. You got a keeper it sounds like :). I want to say go for the RS4, but the Mustang has a huge following. You won't have any trouble finding parts for one of those! Either way both good choices.

I am keeping my 6 forever I think. I'll drive it until it dies.

Oh and yesterday around 6:00 I saw a copper 6 flying down highway 85. I am always in someone elses car when I spot another 6.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
^ You are the man. I was wondering how you were able to go to those shows and how your wife was always fine with it. You got a keeper it sounds like :). I want to say go for the RS4, but the Mustang has a huge following. You won't have any trouble finding parts for one of those! Either way both good choices.

I am keeping my 6 forever I think. I'll drive it until it dies.

Oh and yesterday around 6:00 I saw a copper 6 flying down highway 85. I am always in someone elses car when I spot another 6.
[/b]
Well,I'm glad someone sees the wisdom in the way I work finances...lol As for the keeper part...It's not all roses I'm afraid,but I am willing to sacrifice some of the marital bliss for Automotive Bliss at this time!...lol
Besides,Remember I had to buy HER a new 6 the same week I got mine to even get things this way!....lol

I am actually considering waiting another year to get something else and just doing the rest of the interior on my 6,sell my truck(it's paid off),and use that money to wipe some of the debt from my 6(and lower the payments drastically),and then whatever else I buy will be the daily driver,and keep the 6 for shows,etc.
It really is a fun car to drive afterall,and eventually,I'm sure I will have to provide something for my wifes son to drive in a few years anyway so who knows???...lol

And it's funny you said that about being in other peoples cars when you see other 6's......I have the exact same problem,I am always in my truck when I spot nice 6's driving around this area. Two weeks ago I saw a NICE ASS Lapis Blue 5-door with rims like mine,but black cruising up Arapahoe Road........but alas I was in my truck or I would have flagged him down or turned around or something.

They are selling a new 6 at Burt Mazda on Arapahoe Right now that's black with black and Stainless steel Zenetti Rims on it already and it looks sick for brand new off the showroom if you know anyone looking. It's a 2006 V6,loaded for 24,985.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, COME ON!!! The owner of the yellow 6 -- I saw your car in the ADF parking lot on Buckley today. Actually touched your 6club stickers.

WHO ARE YOU????

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
OK, COME ON!!! The owner of the yellow 6 -- I saw your car in the ADF parking lot on Buckley today. Actually touched your 6club stickers.

WHO ARE YOU????
[/b]

lol, dude,, your becoming a stalker to this guy now.. I mean,, you touched his sticker.. thats kinda creepy :headscrat:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol, dude,, your becoming a stalker to this guy now.. I mean,, you touched his sticker.. thats kinda creepy :headscrat:
[/b]

LOL. I was kdding, man. :D

Even if I wasn't, it's not like I licked his window or anything. :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
LOL. I was kdding, man. :D

Even if I wasn't, it's not like I licked his window or anything. :)
[/b]

well touching it is pretty bad,, licking it would be even worse, but please oh please, dont pull out your tit and and rub your nipple on it, now that would be bad

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well touching it is pretty bad,, licking it would be even worse, but please oh please, dont pull out your tit and and rub your nipple on it, now that would be bad
[/b]
Damn it! You ruin all my fun!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts