·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with TWM
They will take pre-orders first week of February 2007
The specs are the same as posted before by another member
1" shorter knob height
30-35% shorter throw by rasing the cable mounting point on the shifter shaft.

I'm excited!
The speed6 needs one of these babies BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD :drive:

<sup>GO TWM!</sup>

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I think I'll let a few other people try them and post responses. As long as everything sounds good, I will be willing to give it a try.[/b]
Same here. The throw of the shifter seems fine to me, but I'm 6'.

Of the mods I'm planning, a shifter is low on the list...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Expect 200-300 total based on what's available for the 3 and 6 now...but that's just my guess

Expect 200-300 total based on what's available for the 3 and 6 now...but that's just my guess

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Great news! I'll keep my eye out for this mod. The throws on the OEM shifter is a little too long for me. People were raving about the RP (Richard Paul) short throw shifter for the RX-8 and how it improved the throws. I'm hoping TWM's quality will match the RP line. It'll be nice not have to "ride the wall" between 5th gear and 6th.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
300... ROFL..... CAI is 300.. .and it provides a real improvement... This has got to be probably one of the least noticable mods you can do...

Then again people are dumping 700+ on carbon fiber parts that offer a few ounces of weight reduction... and require custom modding to actually make work on the car... so I can see these parts selling to at least some people....

SOME cars need a short shifter.... speed6 is fine w/o it... might be slightly better for some with it... but 300 is a huge leap for "slight" improvement.

·
Registered
829 Posts
that's kinda steep...I mean, people are having problems paying $250 for a CAI. The RPM springs are supposed to be $240 or so. I guess good news is, at least you have a lot more options in the <$300 mod range. Although I guess the shifter is the most noticable as in you're directly interacting with it every single time you drive. <shrug>

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Seriously, I remember chunking out like $40 for my Fidanza Short Shifter on my 240sx...jumping from that to $300...I'd rather go springs.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
don't get all carried away bashing the 300 dollar price...that was just a rough estimate. for my mazda3, which has a decently short shifter stock, i got the twm shifter, polished knob and boot for about 300, and it was worth every penny. The product was top notch, shipping was good and it was VERY NOTICEABLE.

·
Registered
829 Posts
don't get all carried away bashing the 300 dollar price...that was just a rough estimate. for my mazda3, which has a decently short shifter stock, i got the twm shifter, polished knob and boot for about 300, and it was worth every penny. The product was top notch, shipping was good and it was VERY NOTICEABLE.[/b]
Yeah, but if you only had $300, would you get springs, cai, or short throw? Actually, I would save another 200-300 and get a tuner myself. ;)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mmmmmmm let's see should I buy a shifter that will improve the knob position and reduce the throw distance which enhances driving feel on my 30 mile commute to work each day or should I buy harder and lower springs so I can bounce my kidneys and scrape everything I drive up.
Yeah, it's hard to decide :laugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.