Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i found i sight that makes a short shift kit for the 03-08 6. its twmperformance.com the kit includes all the bushings and a cable adapter. it cost 183.90 and that includes shipping.

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE (MJH @ Jan 15 2010, 11:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1630016
hey all i found i sight that makes a short shift kit for the 03-08 6. its twmperformance.com the kit includes all the bushings and a cable adapter. it cost 183.90 and that includes shipping.[/b]
Thanks man, please try the search feature. Alot of members are running that already. Hell, I even think they are a sponsor of the site.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yup, that short shifter has been out for a while now,
from what i hear, the bracket that's included makes shifting alot easier and smoother...
some say you can put it in first gear going about 10mph rolling...

·
Registered
440 Posts
QUOTE (az2b1 @ Jan 22 2010, 09:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631651
yup, that short shifter has been out for a while now,
from what i hear, the bracket that's included makes shifting alot easier and smoother...
some say you can put it in first gear going about 10mph rolling...[/b]

Are you serious? I always try to pop er back into first from a roll and its like pushin a friggin boulder into a toilet pipe,lol. And yea that tmw has been around for quite some time

B

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
hey guys i was the guy that confronted TWM about the bracket after getting my cables replaced....the bracket that is included with the TWM kit actually brings the angle of the cable back into the stock range which in turn provides very smooth effortless shifting...also shifting into 1st is no longer a hassel and the clunking that used to accompany the shifter is completely gone! TWM's shifter is far more superior than the MAzdaspeed one simply because of this bracket so if you are going to get one get the TWM one

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE (ZOOMZOOM43 @ Feb 3 2010, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634550
hey guys i was the guy that confronted TWM about the bracket after getting my cables replaced....the bracket that is included with the TWM kit actually brings the angle of the cable back into the stock range which in turn provides very smooth effortless shifting...also shifting into 1st is no longer a hassel and the clunking that used to accompany the shifter is completely gone! TWM's shifter is far more superior than the MAzdaspeed one simply because of this bracket so if you are going to get one get the TWM one[/b]
I guess I don't know what you mean. I have the MS shifter and mine is like butter... The key, is taking the center console completely out during install. The MS instructions tell you not to, while the TWM tell you to. I think people bend the cables getting them out of the bracket, which causes the first gear clunky feeling,

BTW: For the poster that said you shift into 1st at 10MPH, why would you do that? That is killing your synchros!!! The car is plently strong to pull in 2nd from 10mph.

·
Registered
440 Posts
the mazdaspeed site of mazda also has a short throw with a reported 35%. Shifter Cheaper too I think. Its for the 6 and SP6

B

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (joebrez @ Feb 4 2010, 05:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634927
I guess I don't know what you mean. I have the MS shifter and mine is like butter... The key, is taking the center console completely out during install. The MS instructions tell you not to, while the TWM tell you to. I think people bend the cables getting them out of the bracket, which causes the first gear clunky feeling,

BTW: For the poster that said you shift into 1st at 10MPH, why would you do that? That is killing your synchros!!! The car is plently strong to pull in 2nd from 10mph.[/b]
poster or poser?? i was just giving my opinion on it, thats what i heard...
and there's a video on youtube if you look it up...
im not saying thats something i would do, but it's nice to know if installed correctly...
lmao!! :slap:

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE (az2b1 @ Feb 4 2010, 08:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634930
poster or poser?? i was just giving my opinion on it, thats what i heard...
and there's a video on youtube if you look it up...
im not saying thats something i would do, but it's nice to know if installed correctly...
lmao!! :slap:[/b]
Poster, as in you "posted" on the board. Funny, if you use the MS instructions you get binding (per some board members), if you use the TWM instructions you get a very smooth install. Mine would not come out without removing it all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (joebrez @ Feb 8 2010, 01:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635584
Poster, as in you "posted" on the board. Funny, if you use the MS instructions you get binding (per some board members), if you use the TWM instructions you get a very smooth install. Mine would not come out without removing it all.[/b]
i was just playing bro...i know ...
ANYWAYS,,,, twm short shift kit FTMFW!~!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
az2b1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing