Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to replace my boss tweeters and i wanted to know what size they were so i can start looking....can i do that though? just replace the tweeters? what kind can i replace them with?

·
Registered
233 Posts
i got jbl tweeters, just had to dremal out the bose mounts alittle. Fits like a glove. the tweeters are 1''

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah i bought a pair of 1" Oz tweeters. I had to fabricate a bracket.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i get tweeters that are 3/4" it should fit perfectly??

what i also want to know is if can i just replace the boss tweeters with a different kind that are 3/4" without changing anything else?? does it have to be the same watts? how many RMS watts does the 04 mazda6s have in their tweeters ?

thanks guys...

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
so if i get tweeters that are 3/4" it should fit perfectly??

what i also want to know is can i just replace the boss tweeters with a different kind that are 3/4" without changing anything else??
[/b]
Why would you want to limit your upgrades to the tweeters?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well you see, i already have 2 10" JL Audio w0's and an amp....lol i am just hooking those up and the mids and tweeters (boss) sound okay so i dont wanna change that b/c i would wanna change my indash too...i just wanna make my tweeters sound better by replacing them with poke audio or something if possible....without changing anything else, just replacing it...i think the boss speakers for the doors its self are good enough already...im not "bumping" loud anyways...hah

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^

would i have to get an amp just for the new tweeters? or can i just replace the boss tweeters with a different kind thats the same size...i would think it would sound better... thats what i really wanna know...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts