Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today, at work, I was kinda bored. I parked right in front, just outside the front door. Whenever people left, I'd hit the panic button, scaring the crap out of most of them. Well, now, when I arm or disarm the alarm, the turn signals won't blink, and the horn won't blip. The remote still locks and unlocks the doors like normal, and the panic button still works. I dunno if i disabled the alarm itself or what. Anybody experience this before?

·
Registered
81 Posts
im not sure if its the same on the 6 (havent tried) but on my old Spec V, if you held the panic button to long, it would disable the horn. had to hold it down again to get it to come back on. probably similar on the 6.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i had a similar problem with my aftermarket alarm. it wouldnt respond when i hit the buttons. all i did was disconnect the battery for about 10 seconds and then re-connect. try that and see if it works.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
im not sure if its the same on the 6 (havent tried) but on my old Spec V, if you held the panic button to long, it would disable the horn. had to hold it down again to get it to come back on. probably similar on the 6.
[/b]
Its that way on my car too. So thats a possibility...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Solved!

Holding the panic button didn't work, and disconnecting the battery didn't work either.

You know what worked? Closing the trunk. :blush:

I've no idea when I hit the trunk button.
[/b]

Your not the first to have that happen. Doors, trunk and hood are all tied into the alarm.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yea i was gonna tell you that, this happens with everything that you can open, if its left open the horn wont honk and the signals wont blink when u try to arm the system this is how u know you forgot something or somethings not secure. but the doors wills still lock.

Doors, Trunk, Even the Hood...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts