Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my turn signals. Any time I turn on a signal left, or right my hazards comes on an the horn contues to blow so long as I have a signal active. Any ideas on what the problem could be. Limited on money so I would like to try not to put the car in the shop if I can do it myself

·
Registered
370 Posts
Generally speaking, I'd begin with a thorough examination of the main ground locations. From looking at a wiring diagram you could find the ground locations for the signals, hazards, and horn to see if they share a common ground. If not, examine them individually.

Similarly, do they share a fuse, relay, harness support, chassis pass through, etc,. Looking for shorts to ground in these areas.

Naturally, you an do a web search for ground related problems to see if anything matches your issue.

Be sure to let us know if you solve the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I am trying to do all the research I can to try to figure out the problem I am just having a little trouble finding out where I should start. I will check to see if there is any other issues that I could find on the internet similar to mine and if I do see a fix I'll be sure to share it in case anybody else has a similar problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having same problem. What did you do finally?
I had this problem it’s a grounding issue under the fuse book under the hood. Look where your air intake box is and there should a connector that should have black connectors on it. I cut the wires, re crimped them, cleaned all the rust off of the surface, and heat shrunk some tubing over it. Fixes the issues right away!
best of luck
image.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts