Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sweet! That beep was really starting to get to me and I wasn't able to find out how to turn it off in the manual. Mazda6club.com forums to the rescue!

·
Registered
24 Posts
This has been such a pain to have the beep noise. Especially when you have the sound being amplified thru 500W RMS.

Thankyou so much for this :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting...

Does this trick also kill the "fasten safetybelts" - beep?
It's super-annoying when there's no way to turn it off...usually get it when I'm driving the car into the garage or something.

·
Registered
748 Posts
who knew being BEEP FREE would be soooo soothing! Once i read this thread i really started picking up on the damn BEEPING every time i would press a button.

Is there any way to turn off the "BELL" noise the car makes (indicating the keys are in the ignition) when i have music playing and the door open? This would be really great to get rid of.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Originally posted by Laza@Jun 20 2005, 01:29 AM
Interesting...

Does this trick also kill the "fasten safetybelts" - beep?
It's super-annoying when there's no way to turn it off...usually get it when I'm driving the car into the garage or something.
[snapback]434899[/snapback]​
if you're driving 'into the garage' i guess it's too late to put your seatbelt...maybe on your next drive. :nana:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by GaiaN@Apr 8 2005, 11:13 AM
Little update on the easter egg.  The radio doesn't have to be turned off for this to work. :)    Thanks again to our bavarian friends!
[snapback]389968[/snapback]​

The Mazda 3 has the option to turn it off and on in the settings. :nana:

·
Registered
801 Posts
I better not see any of you claiming to have completed the "no beep" mod in your sigs or on your garage since this is just a great undocumented feature in the stereo hardware.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No more damn beep! I know when I'm changing the station, I don't need to hear that f***ing beep. Since my 5 just got recalled (for maybe a month!) This makes me feel better already. (well, if they hadn't given me a Taurus rental.)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Lol, am i the only one that likes the beep? Lol, all my cars so far never had a beep so when the 6 did i though it was kind of cool... kinda like the car was saying "Yes Sir, i will change the station as you have requested me to do by pressing the button to change the station also known as the change station button!"

Maybe just me, seemed "high tech" to me. Lol... better go find my medication.

EDIT: Actually the only beep id like to get rid of is the one that sounds when the key is in and the doors are open sucha s when im cleaning it and listening to music. Most of the time i get done with the driver site and just close the door so its no problem as it doesn beep with other doors. But it would be nice...

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,584 Posts
Originally posted by RoX@Oct 31 2005, 01:32 AM
Lol, am i the only one that likes the beep?
[snapback]546526[/snapback]​
Yes, I think you are...

It's a nice novelty... for about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hmmm i got a problem with this mod, guys... i've just installed a component speakers recently and the installer used a new harness for the radio.. and now i cant turn the beep off anymore !!! any suggestion?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, what's up with the lame loaner cars Mazda is dulling out??

But PTL, that beep is history!!!!! I only had the car a few weeks and after losing the beep, it felt like the first day again. WHAA-HOOO

41 - 60 of 94 Posts