Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Don't want to jack this guys info or anything, but i think this should be posted here to let everyone know :) I just went and tried it on my '03 and it worked like a charm!

Originally posted by cosimo@Feb 22 2005, 03:11 AM
hi all,

it is possible to turn off the beep on newer models independet of bose or non-bose systems.

to turn off the beep do the following:

1.  turn off the radio
2. press and hold the "seek"-down button
3. press and hold the "5" button until a beep confirms the setting

the beep should be gone for all radio controls but not for the clima controls...

to turn back on the beep just do again the 3 steps ...

bye,
sebastian
[snapback]367667[/snapback]​

·
Registered
177 Posts
:love:

best

info

EVAR!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
cool! It works, I just tried it

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I did a quick test when I did this on break, and I will verify the cassette controls when I get home and have a tape.

This turns off all beeps on the dash and steering wheel controls for the audio system, except the one when pressing the tuning knob for the tone controls.

Since that beep is a good idea to let you know you're fiddling with your settings, this is a TOTALLY great feature.

EDIT: These settings also apply to the cassette player.

Reactions: langy

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
FAAAAAAAAANTASTIC.....thank you sooo soo much...... who do I paypal the $1,000,000 to... jk

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Cosimo....you have just SAVED us all! Next time you're in the Seattle/Tacoma area...I owe you a beverage of your choice (or 2....3...)!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
damn it was so nice driving to and from work today w/o that freakin BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!! :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
wow, thats it?
And about a year ago there was someone talking about taking the thing apart to see if he could desoder the beeping speaker or something.

The beep wasn't driving me insane, but it off is better becausei know when I push a button.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thank you very much Cosimo. I just try it and it works in my car. I don't believe it took us more than a year to figure this out and the steps are so simple :p

·
Registered
458 Posts
I still wanna know how he found this out, and if there might be a trick to turning the beep off to the climate controls too. Like a curious fool, I started playing with button combos to see if I could figure it out. LOL!!!! Waste of 5 minutes. I want it back. Anyway, like I said in the main thread about this. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys you're all welcome! :D :D

my paypal account is ... :nana: ... and if I'll ever come over to seattle I'll catch up all the drinks ... :D

I still wanna know how he found this out, and if there might be a trick to turning the beep off to the climate controls too.
the beeping issue was discussed in our german-speaking mazda community and we started to try out things until we finally got it ...

happy beepless driving ... :drive:

cheers,
sebastian

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by cosimo@Feb 24 2005, 07:54 AM
hey guys you're all welcome!  :D  :D

my paypal account is ...  :nana:  ... and if I'll ever come over to seattle I'll catch up all the drinks ...  :D
the beeping issue was discussed in our german-speaking mazda community and we started to try out things until we finally got it ...

happy beepless driving ... :drive:

cheers,
sebastian
[snapback]368742[/snapback]​
yeah that is sweet man thanks.....i bet there is more you can do like maybe change the text or something ...i mean its that simple for getting rid of the beep...weird i may say ....mystery's of the mazda 6..... :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Holy shit this is great. The only thing I liked better about my old 3i was that you can turn the beep off in the 3. Great, great news. Amazing you guys were able to figure that out. Good job.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts