Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, we are back at it again this time we sought out to test our DTEC EMS Solution. The test vehicle was a bone stock MS6 the only modification we installed was the DTEC. We have multiple other mods we are planning on testing to develop a well planned mod path. From the results this is likely to be our Stage 1.

We did see outstanding performance gains from a little boost we keep boost below the factory fuel cut off and leaned out the AFR mildly. This car is pretty fun to drive on the roads :). We will have more goodies to come in the future.

[email protected]
www.turboxs.com
301-977-4727

·
Registered
851 Posts
hmm good stuff

when is the release date for some of the products or have those been set yet?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
A/F map?

Looks like it was definately leaned out where it usually runs PIG rich

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
does DTECH really run on a gameboy?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
What model gameboy?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
$699 i think...

I just called Jermaine... it looks interesting... the digital boost gauge is very cool....

With some downloadable fuel maps... could be a fun little toy...

·
Registered
364 Posts
mmmm....i like room under the curve....usable power = :drive:

+40 HP at 6K RPM!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm good stuff

when is the release date for some of the products or have those been set yet?
[/b]
I do not have a release date as of yet. The DTEC I would like to have a plug and play harness for that before a full on release. If you are up for the task we can have those with mapping available in about 1 to 3 weeks.

A/F map?

Looks like it was definately leaned out where it usually runs PIG rich
[/b]
We leaned it out slightly not too much, just enough to see decent gains I am happy with the results without going outrageously lean. I suspect we will see better gains when we attach a blow off valve, as per our previous test this helped us hold boost to redline.

does DTECH really run on a gameboy?
[/b]
Yes, the game boy is the tuning interface and can also display gauges like AFR, Boost, RPM, Knock and MAP Voltage. Most will not need to bother with any of that, just load the map and reap the benefits.

[email protected] :drive:

how much $$$
[/b]
I will not talk much about price right now but we will work an awesome deal with you Mazdaspeed guys.
I promise!

Jermaine~

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I assume we would not be able to adhust the map if we wanted to?

Also, I already have an EBC installed. Would this or another product allow me to adjust a/f without having to ditch a $600.00 EBC

·
Registered
156 Posts
Very good!!! Keep us all posted on release dates and pricing. This looks like it could be anaffordable solution to tuning.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I assume we would not be able to adhust the map if we wanted to?

Also, I already have an EBC installed. Would this or another product allow me to adjust a/f without having to ditch a $600.00 EBC
[/b]
You will have the ability to adjust the maps, not many people really want to bother with tuning. If you feel the desire to get in depth you can whip out the game boy and play around a little. Most will be happy using our database of maps for each set of modification.

We do offer a fuel only solution which maybe more along the lines of your mod path. I personally prefer having an all in one solution that you can have mutiple maps fuel maps to match the boost maps, selectable by one device.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The thing I'm most curious about is a reading from the motor inlet air temperature sensor (requires the Mazda advanced OBDC-II software to read it) to find out how hot the air is coming into the engine. It's been discussed many times that the compressor is out of it's efficiency range at 5500 RPM and above.
Let us know.
Mike

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The thing I'm most curious about is a reading from the motor inlet air temperature sensor (requires the Mazda advanced OBDC-II software to read it) to find out how hot the air is coming into the engine. It's been discussed many times that the compressor is out of it's efficiency range at 5500 RPM and above.
Let us know.
Mike
[/b]
If you have the calibration you can monitor IAT, using the DTEC. We allow the freedom to monitor any 0-5v sensor you would like.

Jermaine~

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Cool! I was asking about adjustability because (I'm not sure if you are aware) our cars all seem to be very inconsistant as far as power delivery, peek hp and tq, peek boost, ect... Nothing seems to be the same on these cars, so an adjustable map is great. Any chance you sell the gameboy with it?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If you have the calibration you can monitor IAT, using the DTEC. We allow the freedom to monitor any 0-5v sensor you would like.

Jermaine~
[/b]
This is the sensor that needs to be read:
EnhancedPowertrainCAN
Boost Air Temperature Sensor

or

Boost Air Temperature Sensor - Volts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sound's like a plan I have some mods and I want to reap the benefits to the fullest extent :) I love you TurboXS :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool! I was asking about adjustability because (I'm not sure if you are aware) our cars all seem to be very inconsistant as far as power delivery, peek hp and tq, peek boost, ect... Nothing seems to be the same on these cars, so an adjustable map is great. Any chance you sell the gameboy with it?
[/b]
Yes, the MS6 is very inconsistent on the dyno due to the lack of cooling provided by the fans most shops use. We have some great ducting that helps cool the intercooler and radiator while on the dyno, but it is not the same as the air cooling you will find on the road. We still were able to get repeateable horsepower numbers with what we have here, controlling the boost and fuel helped.

On the road the car felt strong and consistent. The owner who may chime in at any point, he was ecstatic and emailed me with praise or how good just 21.9 hp felt to him.

We love giving the ability to tune, it's kind of a thing we do. Our average customer will not want to tweak so we will have executables of some sort to allow easy map swapping and upgrading.

Unfortunately, we will not sell GBA's. You should be able to find them easily at Game Stop or the likes for $50 used.

Jermaine ~

This is the sensor that needs to be read:
EnhancedPowertrainCAN
Boost Air Temperature Sensor

or

Boost Air Temperature Sensor - Volts
[/b]
That sensor wire is on pin 1s. The DTEC will not have a problem reading that voltage. We can also do some research to find a proper calibration.

Jermaine~

1 - 20 of 230 Posts