Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here ya go!

[/b]

Looks Great, im ordering mine today! Whats the diameter of the tube?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
hooray! More hot air for the turbo
[/b]
A skeptic how terribly surprising. In case anyone cares this thread is not about the debate between sri and cai.
Just trying to do the guy a favor.

No idea how wide the tube is, slightly larger than stock, if that helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A skeptic how terribly surprising. In case anyone cares this thread is not about the debate between sri and cai.
Just trying to do the guy a favor.

No idea how wide the tube is, slightly larger than stock, if that helps.
[/b]
Thanks for the pic! Did you get that from Turbo xs directly or from one of our sponsors? Also could we please not a great debate of how bad a SRI is again. I read enough of them in EVERY car forum out there.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Got it directly from TurboXs. Give them a call, I am sure they can hook you up.
To be honest I didn't really notice a big gain when it went on. There was a difference, I just think it was less obvious because it came one week after the Dtec tunning, and that was a dramatic improvement :D.
Sounds freakin great!
And no, I don't know how much they're charging.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it directly from TurboXs. Give them a call, I am sure they can hook you up.
To be honest I didn't really notice a big gain when it went on. There was a difference, I just think it was less obvious because it came one week after the Dtec tunning, and that was a dramatic improvement :D.
Sounds freakin great!
And no, I don't know how much they're charging.
[/b]
That looks like the one from Street Concepts website. I think I'll give them a call next week, they also sell the Dtec tuning on their site. Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
hooray! More hot air for the turbo
[/b]
That's funny, because I have seen 1000 whp Supra's that have a filter right on the turbo (no CAI). Wouldn't the air be cold since the car is moving and air is moving thru the engine bay?

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's funny, because I have seen 1000 whp Supra's that have a filter right on the turbo (no CAI). Wouldn't the air be cold since the car is moving and air is moving thru the engine bay?
[/b]
when you need as much air as that supra engine needs, any pipe is a restriction. They are willing to take the hot air and cool it down with the intercooler. The sheer volume that is needed is so much more than our engines need. We are better off with the coldest air we can get as the pipe is not really much restriction for us at all.

·
Registered
692 Posts
when you need as much air as that supra engine needs, any pipe is a restriction. They are willing to take the hot air and cool it down with the intercooler. The sheer volume that is needed is so much more than our engines need. We are better off with the coldest air we can get as the pipe is not really much restriction for us at all.
[/b]
Hrm, well, my data tells me different on this one.. Not only is there no significant increase in intake air temp but there is DEFINTELY a decrease in restriction.

This isn't the first time I have seen a wai have almost the same temps and less restriction.

Either way you will get gains from either the decreased restriction or the air temp, how you do it is your choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts