Yes, we'll have a direct bolt on GT turbo for that engine and GT28RS can be
one of the choices.

> Can you make a K04-22/GT28RS hybrid for a 2006 Mazdaspeed 6? If so,
> what is cost and turnaround time.
>
> Thanks!

======================================

I'm asking for more info.

If the 1.8t VW/Audi kits are a valid comparison this may be around $1600.00.
GT28RS is good for 400 or more HP

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
by upgrading to a garrett, what kind of other mods will we have to do to support it? sure u can just bolt it on, but im thinking we're going to have to go with a FMIC to start. at least the previous kits already come with a chip and fuel injectors.

exciting tho. garrett's rock.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Whooo turbo upgrades ;o

·
Registered
259 Posts
Need to upgrade the fuel system and reprogram the ECU at the very least.

Id like to see a 400WHP dyno of a 1.8t. Usually I see the gt28 kits on 1.8t's make somewhere around 280 whp on pump

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant to say that the GT28RS compressor can support 400 hp. Not that a 1.8t could necessarily do that.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'd love to see something with the GT3071R.

V

·
0 Posts
Just joined and I have a question on turbo upgrades - any news on this?

Honestly, the main reason I am asking is this:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPag...ter=upcomingCX7

The CX-7 uses the same engine, just a refined powerband at the expense of peak output....

4wheel drive with room for two kids and a dog.... AND a turbo? Sign me up.

Just want to know what is available for this engine/turbo pairing (BOVs, turbos, FMICs etc).

Anyone have links I can look at? I'm pretty much going to get the CX-7 reegardless- it would be a cherry on top to get the puppy into the 300-350hp range with a nice BOV cough to boot...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Just joined and I have a question on turbo upgrades - any news on this?

Honestly, the main reason I am asking is this:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPag...ter=upcomingCX7

The CX-7 uses the same engine, just a refined powerband at the expense of peak output....

4wheel drive with room for two kids and a dog.... AND a turbo? Sign me up.

Just want to know what is available for this engine/turbo pairing (BOVs, turbos, FMICs etc).

Anyone have links I can look at? I'm pretty much going to get the CX-7 reegardless- it would be a cherry on top to get the puppy into the 300-350hp range with a nice BOV cough to boot...
[/b]
the engine is still quite new. from your list, only a bov is available. u can go thru cp-e.com for an hks, or u can get one from sc-power.com too. street concepts also sells an adapter flange for the greddy bov's. that's all you can get that will be transferable to the cx-7. fmic is in development, but mounting will be different for the cx-7, and that's the same for most other mods to date.

·
Registered
477 Posts
the engine is still quite new. from your list, only a bov is available. u can go thru cp-e.com for an hks, or u can get one from sc-power.com too. street concepts also sells an adapter flange for the greddy bov's. that's all you can get that will be transferable to the cx-7. fmic is in development, but mounting will be different for the cx-7, and that's the same for most other mods to date.
[/b]
I think a GT2871R would be ideal for our motors. Definitly capable of 400hp. 400 is a bit optimistic for an RS, but a 2871 could do it. I would leave the stock intercooler and just add methenol injector to cool the air. That would be a sweet setup.

·
Registered
364 Posts
MOST IMPORTANTLY, a way to tune it.
[/b]

Exactly....the main thing we need to concern ourselves with is engine management/tuning...there will always be big turbos, big injectors, etc that can be made to work....it's the brains that matter.

V

·
0 Posts
Exactly....the main thing we need to concern ourselves with is engine management/tuning...there will always be big turbos, big injectors, etc that can be made to work....it's the brains that matter.
[/b]

OK so an ECU crack.... thanks for the info. I know aftermarket has been slow with Mazda in the past, but there are now 3 product lines (m6/m3/cx-7) that have this engine, so the more the merrier.

I've wanted a turbo car for a long time, but so often they aren't practical. The CX-7 IS and as I am not a hardcore tuner, just a bit more oomph for this car would make my grin very wide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Voodoods
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing