Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, sorry haven't been on in a while, i've been away. but i got some more pictures and a video that i will be uploading of the kit on a stock mazda 6s, running on the road in cockpit view. its a completely stock mazda 6s, and i was the driver. i was very moderate on the gas pedal, maybe 50 percent if that, and the power was there. they were running at 5psi with 89 octane, and no knocking watsoever. the power is there, i can feel it. i'm confident that it can out accelerate a stock mazda 6s, at 3/4 throttle, and i can feel loss of traction in first and second gear, in an automatic, at high rpm when i push it. i have to upload the so give me some time. here are some pics. i'll have the video up in later today.

one more

Attachments

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
You got a turbo kit on your 6s?

Turbo details?

Are you doing anything for tuning? Looks clean...

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
waiting for vid to work..... what are specs on the kit?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
garrett gt30 turbo, 3 inch engine bay intake piping, 2 inch charge pipes under car to turbo, all silicone couplers and connectors, greddy type s blow off valve, internal wastegate, scavenge pump, etc etc. its running at 5 psi. i mainly took the video for the sound, and man was it mean in real life.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
any guess on power increase? what about price?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well it seems that the company is not having any way of duplicating there tuning, and its too expensive for them to sell it. the video above is 5psi, WITHOUT TUNING! to see how it ran, and it runs fine up to 8psi on 93 octane with no knocking. they say that they will sell the kit for 2750 without tuning. the power increase is great, they have no dyno'd the stock mazda 6 with it on yet. but from driving it, i can tell you right now, its torquey and hp increase is well past 30% from stock.

·
Registered
475 Posts
listen to that fukin bov thats badass, i can almost hear it in my 6i...... :seeya: :dmetal:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
2750 without tuning......hmmmm if they had power output #'s i'd be down by next year. sounds good though.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
how can they "not duplicate tuning"??? if this is a big company, it should be no issue to do that....doesn't make sense? how about the dyno on the build engine, can we see that one just for shits and giggle now that they aren't selling it?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
73 Replies
34 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing