Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
dude producing a turbo kit is "easy" compared to tuning the car. Remember its all about tuning. We could probably get 5 different turbo kits for our cars if we really wanted to, but tuning is just a major PITA. Thank god with the help of some smart people [Chitown,Mr. Tea,Adam, Jordan and the tech guys from CPE, and who ever else i forgot] they have found some loose chains and ways around it.

:guns: OUR ECU

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
i meant tried it for a turbo. i know it works on a n/a 6s but i was wondering if anyone has ever tried it on a f/i 6s.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sorry guys I am one man team here and the contour, mondeos and cougars are all keeping me so busy on building kits that I haven't had time to do anymore research. I know the kit can be made using the Greddy Emanage system but the cost for unit and the extra tuning add-ons will be half the price of the turbo kit. Someone mentioned earlier that it is easy to build a turbo kit and he is right but harder to manufacture on a precise basis. I am leaning towards maybe finding a way to convert the contour PCM to work since the VVT will be useless on the cars anyway. I hate throwing my ideas out there for others to grab but the price for a PCM less then $100 buck with adapters and plug made to splice into the harness and of course there are other problems you run across with the wireless TB etc. I will say as soon as I find a wrecked car or a salvage one I will tear it apart and see what we find.

If I had employees working for me doing the dirty work I would have more time to spare but it hard to trust someone else judgements. I am relocating my business to gain more room and better working equipment to go further than we have now. If anyone had suggestions since I have little time right now to read all posts. Email at [email protected]

i meant tried it for a turbo. i know it works on a n/a 6s but i was wondering if anyone has ever tried it on a f/i 6s.[/b]

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
QUOTE (Blazenem @ Sep 20 2008, 12:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1440481
i guess it is lol[/b]

People haven't been following through with turbo setups because there is no tuning. Something sniper will hopefully remedy for us before this time next year. There is also the CPE standback that's available. Oh and way to bring this back from the grave :nana:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im totally seeing if anyone is successful in 2021 ? I got a gt35 w custom manifold full bolt ons and i just need to get it tuned

81 - 94 of 94 Posts