Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All V6ers, :drive:
I have read many posts about superchargers and turbo chargers for our v6 Mazda 6s. The biggest questions on everyone's mind is, is it possible to put forced induction into our vehicles and also tune them to specs. I am here to tell you that yes, it is very possible. http://www.nautilusperformance.com/. This is a link to an up and coming company called Nautilus Performance, located in Houma Louisiana which is approximately 50 miles Southwest of New Orleans Louisiana. The website is under construction; however, the two man team has been building turbos for the 3.0 Duratec Contour and tuning them for some time now. Believe me they are putting down some impressive numbers on the dyno. Contact name to the company is Joey Fanguy. If you have any trouble getting in touch with him you may contact me @ 985-688-8987. I work offshore 7 and 7 and will not be available at this number until Wednesday the 14th.
I am a noob when it comes to the Mazda 6 and in fact just purchased my Mazda a couple of months ago, prior to that I spent most of my time working on my 300Z. These guys have decided to use my vehicle to build their turbo kit for the Mazda 6. Guys and Gals this kit should be on the market in no time.

John

·
Registered
267 Posts
To All V6ers, :drive:
I have read many posts about superchargers and turbo chargers for our v6 Mazda 6s. The biggest questions on everyone's mind is, is it possible to put forced induction into our vehicles and also tune them to specs. I am here to tell you that yes, it is very possible. http://www.nautilusperformance.com/. This is a link to an up and coming company called Nautilus Performance, located in Houma Louisiana which is approximately 50 miles Southwest of New Orleans Louisiana. The website is under construction; however, the two man team has been building turbos for the 3.0 Duratec Contour and tuning them for some time now. Believe me they are putting down some impressive numbers on the dyno. Contact name to the company is Joey Fanguy. If you have any trouble getting in touch with him you may contact me @ 985-688-8987. I work offshore 7 and 7 and will not be available at this number until Wednesday the 14th.
I am a noob when it comes to the Mazda 6 and in fact just purchased my Mazda a couple of months ago, prior to that I spent most of my time working on my 300Z. These guys have decided to use my vehicle to build their turbo kit for the Mazda 6. Guys and Gals this kit should be on the market in no time.

John[/b]
Sounds great.... Good luck with tunning.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Well we know it's possible to put a supercharger or turbocharger and have it work on the car, People have done that already (although no supercharger appilcation that I an aware of but it is possible). Now tuning it is something else. To this day aside from using the unichip there is no way to tune the car. Now you could use the CPE tunable MAF to adjust all of your fuel needs, there still is no way to adjust the timing. So it is possible to get a kit for the car to run properly, you just could take full advantage of the components that you will be adding. I really hope that this Nautilus Performance company produces something for the car, but I'm not expecting more than 300whp without some sort or timing control.

My only question would be how does the company plan on tuning the engine? If they concentrated on tuning before producing a kit, they will do much more for this community, than just a kit.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I know of these guys from the Contour community, but that experience won't mean diddily with the Mazda6 as our only roadblock is the tuning and, to-date, no one's been able to get past it. The chances that these guys will be the ones where many others (far more experienced others) have failed is very very small, but good luck to them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hate these threads cause they just raise the hope of the people only to be shattered by the encrypted ECU...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate these threads cause they just raise the hope of the people only to be shattered by the encrypted ECU...[/b]

Actually guys the XcalibRATOR 2 STC is in it final stage for the Mazda 6.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I've been on here long enough to know not to get my hopes up. I'll believe it when I see it, and if I see it I will buy it.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You guys just need to give up.....It ain't gonna happen captain :nana:

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
I hate these threads cause they just raise the hope of the people only to be shattered by the encrypted ECU...[/b]

SCT first off, but where is this info coming from? we heard over a year ago i think that it was already possible....but when they "tuned" it, nothing stuck. my ecu was sent to SCT for 2 weeks and nothing came from it. i did hear from the guys at Atomic, who are installing Adam's turbo, that SCT is coming close with their speed6 software....but that's a different ecu.

...and again, another great job on enthusiasm, but i would tell the company to work on tuning before "potentially" waisting their time on fabing up the install.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well we know it's possible to put a supercharger or turbocharger and have it work on the car, People have done that already (although no supercharger appilcation that I an aware of but it is possible). Now tuning it is something else. To this day aside from using the unichip there is no way to tune the car. Now you could use the CPE tunable MAF to adjust all of your fuel needs, there still is no way to adjust the timing. So it is possible to get a kit for the car to run properly, you just could take full advantage of the components that you will be adding. I really hope that this Nautilus Performance company produces something for the car, but I'm not expecting more than 300whp without some sort or timing control.

My only question would be how does the company plan on tuning the engine? If they concentrated on tuning before producing a kit, they will do much more for this community, than just a kit.[/b]
doesnt the unichip site say their product can adjust timing.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Again this will be very very challenging!! The computer used in the 6 is a Mitsubiho compter which contains 79 lengthy lines of code/data. The only uses 13 of these lines. everything else is garbage to sort through. Anyone can make a kit for this car. I agree with everyone else that tuning should be the first route. This was attempted with Microtech. Microtech only does standalone systems. They are still also having trouble with this. Yes Unichip does timing. People on the boards have expressed thier feedback in regards to a standalone vs a flash.. Most of us know what we would prefer to have happen. The contour is a completely different car. The only thing the 2 cars share are the block (thus the name). I am all for the expressed interest in the car. At this point I would suggest keeping it on the down low until some actual data can be shown to the general public. Let down is the eaisiest way to loose your customer base.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
i dont really know if there is a thread about this already... but why is our car so hard to tune... is it just because of the encryption?? i mean why is our car harder to tune than the Rx-8 or mazda 3 ect...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
i dont really know if there is a thread about this already... but why is our car so hard to tune... is it just because of the encryption?? i mean why is our car harder to tune than the Rx-8 or mazda 3 ect...[/b]
Well, I can't speak for the Mazda3, but the RX-8 took some 3 years to get a proper tuning solution and that was with a LOT more people throwing a LOT more money at it than we've got with the 6s market.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was working on my iste and noticed alot of people here had linked up on my site. First off I am new here but I plan on joining on the discussions here in hope to find you a solution to the problems ya'll face.

The site I have up is temporary and a web designer is hard at work right now on it so excuse the cluttered layout.

Yes you are right the contour is completily different in many areas on the electrical side plus the VVT to complicate more. I know a guy who in Michigan and another in Arizona that are electronics fanatics. They had done previous cars with the same problems as you and basically linked between the computer and manilpulated the ECM cross-talk to make the car.

Now as far as the kit my contour kit now will almost adapt right up with little modifcations. The Mazda6 will be some time this summer before we go full force on the car.

I doubt the problem is whether we will break the barrier but more less when I get to it.

For those of you who don't know I am proud owner of the highest street car on the CSVT platform I made over 400 whp 410 wtq a 13 psi and I ran 16 psi without a recent dyno. Stay tuned but yes dont' get your hopes up just yet. Add my site to your favorite and check back periodically.

Thanks Joey

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
well let's hope this is our chance for our 6es to be unleashed.... my car is striving for a turbo that works!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i dont really know if there is a thread about this already... but why is our car so hard to tune... is it just because of the encryption?? i mean why is our car harder to tune than the Rx-8 or mazda 3 ect...[/b]
It is because the programmers suck...

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
It is because the programmers suck...[/b]

well, i'm sure that's not it for sure. who has tuning for the rx-8 besides RB? i followed their work since they got all the hardware in to do it ($50k worth of crap) and was hoping to get my car in when they figured it out. it was very disappointing how little power they got once they figured some of the stuff out, so that put a damper on future projects with newer mazda ecu's. as far as the 3....no one has figured that one out yet either, and i follow that car a lot. you can cut out some controls like i did with the Haltech, but you are still left without any timing manipulation. those that run the Emanage on the 3, are now seeing that it doesn't hold the tune long before the ecu finds away around the piggyback....so they are F'd there as well.

only ones getting cracked are the speed ecu's. BUT there are difference ecu's on the speed6, speed3 and CX-7....making crosstuning less than a breeze. and there are different ecu's for the 3, the 2.3 and i think the v6 has used 2 different ecu's over the last 4 years.....see how this makes things less than easy for tuners?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts