Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=48815

That is the link to the turbo kit I am considering buying for my '05 Mazda6s. it is the former Wagner prototype. I have read the other threads and have come up with some questions.

1) other then the Intercooler fitment, along with IC piping issues, do you see any potential issues with putting this into a '05 ?

2) people keep saying that that ATX CAN'T handle anything over like 300whp. Don't get me wrong, this is A LOT!!! But more importantly, is that true about the ATX? Also, wouldn't installing the ATX LSD from CPE ( for about $600 ) solve or at least help with this problem ?

3) stock internals are ALWAYS a big issue when talking about modifying the engine. people bring up nitrous, but that is due to pooling, not really to do anything with internals. people say the rods and cranks and pistons can handle something like 400whp. Is it the bearings that are truly the weak point? or what else inside could cause a potential problem?

Yeah i am looking at this because I think ti could be a real fun project. And it's not that expensive. let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is no tuning. And I personally would not trust Pathik. I think it is a bad deal...
[/b]
i have to agree with him.....don't ge me wrong, i would put one in my 6s if it was made by a big company and it was tested and all the good stuff and if other people had it in their 6s.

·
Registered
497 Posts

2) people keep saying that that ATX CAN'T handle anything over like 300whp. Don't get me wrong, this is A LOT!!! But more importantly, is that true about the ATX? Also, wouldn't installing the ATX LSD from CPE ( for about $600 ) solve or at least help with this problem ?

[/b]
The LSD from CP-E is more than $600. The stage three is the only kit they have with an LSD and it's around $4K. Supposedly the stage three can handle upto 500 hp, but some correct me if I am wrong.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i think the actual kit is spot on, and for what he's asking it's a great deal if it's in good condition as listed.

tuning is obviously an issue, but Unichip said they could do it at one of their dealers, and SCT and Sniper right around corner. if i had the V6 i'd be all over the kit, but i have tuners up the wazoo to choose from our here.

...leave it up to you guys

and as stated, lsd is not "offered" for your tranny. you have to get the full tranny to get the lsd. i don't know your tranny enough to go any deaper than that.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Tea is right again. I looked into the LSD as well, I would LOVE to have one, but you would need the Stage 3 tranny kit.

An LSD isn't required for this turbo kit, but would certainly help. There are several companies out there now who are developing tuing for our cars. I wanted to look into the Apex'i AFC for tuning. Their isntall manual gives specific instruction on installing it on the Mazda Atenza (2.0L ?).

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
stay away from atenza stuff and worry about mazda6 stuff!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

That is the link to the turbo kit I am considering buying for my '05 Mazda6s. it is the former Wagner prototype. I have read the other threads and have come up with some questions.

1) other then the Intercooler fitment, along with IC piping issues, do you see any potential issues with putting this into a '05 ?

3) stock internals are ALWAYS a big issue when talking about modifying the engine. people bring up nitrous, but that is due to pooling, not really to do anything with internals. people say the rods and cranks and pistons can handle something like 400whp. Is it the bearings that are truly the weak point? or what else inside could cause a potential problem?

Yeah i am looking at this because I think ti could be a real fun project. And it's not that expensive. let me know what you all think.
[/b]
Before you do anything, I would make sure you can tune it at a shop locally. Also, you have a 2005 which is the AisinWarner 6speed transmission..... there is no LSD out there that I know of. The CP-E kit is for the Jatco 5speed. I cant really comment on the 6speed because no one has put that much power to it. All I do know is supposedly the 6speed is much more durable than the 5speed. Someone posted awhile back, Im pretty sure it might have been Greg, that when the Jatco was subjected to a reverse load it exploded and the AisinWarner survived.

How much boost do you plan on pushing? Personally, I would wait some time to see if anything else is developed or until you can verify you can get it tuned. If you really want more power, I would wait til summer to see if CP-E is indeed going to go through with a supercharger for the V6. Installationwise, I think the install on the V6 might be a tough job due to the lack of space in the engine bay for a turbo, but that depends if you are doing the install yourself or having a shop do it. Its going to be tight for the piping IMO.

Hopefully Ed can comment on the rods and pistons as he knows more about the Duratec engine than I do.

If I were you, I would contact a few shops and do a little more research before you dropped the cash on this.

·
Registered
109 Posts

[/b]
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=47784&hl= read what fordman said theres some good info in that post

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Nice bump!

Yes, this kit is still available. Give me an offer :) Lower price as of now as well.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The 6sp ATX supposiduly can handle the power from the Turbo. Considering Mazda will be matting it to the new 3.5L Duratec which is gonna put out 265hp. Even closer to home, its on the CX-7( I think ). While HP isisnt much more over the 6s, it has GLOBS of more TQ granted it hasnt been out long enough for longevity issues.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The CX-7 shares the same motor as the Speed6.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The CX-7 shares the same motor as the Speed6.
[/b]
If you bothered reading my post.... I said the TRANSMISSION was the same in CX-7 and the Mazda6s.

I think it would hold up fine for a 6s turbo, CX-7 has 258ft/lbs of tq, thats nearly 60more then the 6s has.

Anyway... any word on Sniper Tuning or they are dead in the water as well???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
smokeU6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing