Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, you don't know me- but I will be buying my own MAZDA 6 soon- been waiting for more after market parts- but I read TURBO magazine all the time- and they had an article from the TOKYO AUTO SALON SHOW 2003- an overseas company did a TURBO kit for the 6- it might be old news- I thought you wanna take a look;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Turbo kit finnally done'

I'm trying to add the pic- it's not working:(

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

TRY TRY.....again:D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: Turbo kit finnally done

Just right click on the red X and go to properties. Add the right code and voila:

For the four-banger.

·
Registered
791 Posts

If you haven't looked under the hood of the i4, it just looks empty without a turbo. There is what looks like intentional space for it- I bet it's easy to install.

·
Registered
376 Posts

the moment i've been waiting for is almost here... i knew the turbo would be easier to put on the i4!!!! that is why i got it!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Ruefus : Nothing coming out of Japan will be made for the V6 as long as they don't have that engine.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Huh? Never said anything about that. With the 6 being produced in the US, Cleveland Engine Plant 2 to be specific (12 miles from me:)); you're dead right.

It'll take a North American company to do it.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Originally posted by redrum151

doesn't the turbo void your warranty????[/b]
You bet. An aftermarket exhaust is grounds for voiding the warranty as well.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Turbo kit finnally done'

If you put the turbo from the maybe-to-be-produced MPS in a normal 2.3l car - would that void the warranty as well? It IS a Mazda part made for the 6.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

If you put the turbo from the maybe-to-be-produced MPS in a normal 2.3l car - would that void the warranty as well? It IS a Mazda part made for the 6.[/b]
good question! that will be interesting to see the results...

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

If you put the turbo from the maybe-to-be-produced MPS in a normal 2.3l car - would that void the warranty as well? It IS a Mazda part made for the 6.[/b]
There would probably have to be some agreement between the manufacturer of the turbo kit, the installer of the kit, and MazdaUSA before it would be covered under warranty. If it were produced by Mazda itself and they sold the kit seperately, provided the installer was authorized, I don't see it as a problem.

I'll tell you, this is making me doubt whether I should buy a 6s or 6i.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Turbo kit finnally done'

If the Mazdaspeed Protege is any example, you will not be able to buy the parts. The only way you can get any Turbo, ECU or Intake parts is to have the dealer return the original defective part from the MS Protege for replacement.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts