Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no expert with Turbos and whats involved, but my cousin has a 2006 WRX STI and just upgraded his Turbo big time and got a FMIC and the works. He is having it installed soon and asked me if he thought his old stock Turbo would work in my 04 6s? I know what all would be involved with tuning and piping and what not, but I was just curious would his Turbo work in my car? I tried doing a few google searches but could not find out what kind of turbo the stock one was, kinda hoping someone on here might.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Any turbo can be made to fit in any car, the turbo is a very small part of the equation. It may or may not be an optimal turbo to use on the V6, and if thats your question it would be important to know what turbo it is. It could be too small and spool fast but top out way to early in boost and limit you there, i doubt a stock turbo from a 4-cyl would be too big for a V6, so you wouldn't face that issue. You'll want to find a flow map for the turbo and take a look at it, you can better understand the flow map by reading this: http://www.automotivearticles.com/123/Turbo_Selection.shtml.

IIRC the STi uses a VF39, so theres your starting point :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You could always go to a wrx forums and sell it to one of them. Those guys are always using injectors, intercooler, and turbos from the STI to upgrade the wrx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts