Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 mazda 6i that i want more horses in and was thinking of either buying a whole turbo kit for the 2.3 L or as a much cheaper way, getting a turbonator non moving vortex for my intake hose. I know that the turbocharger increases horses much more than the vortex would, but i dont even know if the vortex would efficiently give me the 30 horses it advertises.??

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
it will KILL horsepower and will give you much lower gas mileage.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...&hl=tornado
[/b]
I have used a turbonator is my last 2 car, and they WORK!!!! but they will not give you 30 HOURSEPOWER!!!! They will however increase ur highway mpg a good amount. At one time i was driving 5 hours a week back home from a job and would drive at about 75mph and still got over 30mpg when the manufature sticker said that it would get 29mpg at 55mph.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have used a turbonator is my last 2 car, and they WORK!!!! but they will not give you 30 HOURSEPOWER!!!! They will however increase ur highway mpg a good amount. At one time i was driving 5 hours a week back home from a job and would drive at about 75mph and still got over 30mpg when the manufature sticker said that it would get 29mpg at 55mph.
[/b]

I get 29 mpg driving with half city and half highway driving....You simply can't just put a "turbonator" in your car and say you got that gas mileage because of it....cause I already get that mileage without one....if I were to put one on, It might increase my mileage, but it definetly isn't something that is significant enough to consider buying....seriously dude, I got 30 as well driving highway at about 75 as well, its common on the 6I once its broken in properly, so....the turbonator isn't really the miracle worker here...probably just your car breaking in thats the difference, everyone will get better mileage with a car thats breaking in over time, the 6 is still a new model and a car isn't fully broken in to reach the near the manufacturing standards of mileage until it gets a good 20 k or more on it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
OMFG are u for real?

$50 bucks

vs

$2 grand?

cant even compare.
Turbonator is a piece of crap (and will not add horsepower) A
B its the worst 50 you will ever spend in yer life
C it could potentially F up yer engine as it did to my buddies ford ranger
D i would buy a turbo kit if you want horsepower

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
WOW, DO NOT mod your car. You are NOT READY AT ALL. Just wait and read and learn. You are no whwere near even ready enough to change to aftremarket wheels yet ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, i was asking a question about quality and mpg... no joke that it costs 50 for the turbonator vs a few grand for turbo. i wanted to get some opinions not be told how ignorant i am for thinking i was asking what the difference in horsepower was... wow. thanks to those who didnt do that tho

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
wow, i was asking a question about quality and mpg... no joke that it costs 50 for the turbonator vs a few grand for turbo. i wanted to get some opinions not be told how ignorant i am for thinking i was asking what the difference in horsepower was... wow. thanks to those who didnt do that tho
[/b]
I wasn't calling anyone ignorant. I was stating a fact. To compare the 2 makes no sense. But to even conisder a turbonator means you do not know alot about cars. And should not start modding untill you know a little more maybe. That way you don't end up with a screwd up car you are stuck making payments on every month.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Guys...NO FLAMING NEWBIES IN THE NEWBIE SECTION!!!!

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright. i took that the wrong way by bad. i do know a lot about cars but i dont know anything about turbonators... via the question. but thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
ya....

sry if i was ignorant at all.

just dont ever get turbonator, i beg of you.

To tell you the truth, an ok way to get more MPG is to buy the CPE cold air intake. 1-2 mpg more.
- i did the calculations of a brand new CPE intake and it would be 50K miles at 3 bucks a galon to actually break even. (the intake is $539 bucks with the cleaning kit which is very necesary)
- if you bought a used one for $300 or so, you would break even around 29k miles, so if you plan on driving yer baby for more than 100k miles, its probably saving you 1000 bucks while adding some speed. Its a great option. If you really want speed though, spend that money on a turbo kit, for the 2.3I is very slow stock.
you can make it fast and efficient.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Play nice guys, All of us were noobs in the past (especially me) but maybe this guy didn't want to spend the few grand required to buy/install a turbo kit, its something not many have the luxury to afford, so I guess this "turbonator" or whatever it is serves as an alternative........a cheaper crappy fake looking ineffective alternative, but an alternative nonethless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts