Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nothing that's easily integrated. However, Justin (TheGreatNY) is working on a tuner for the 6i.

There are other tuners out there that you can use, such as MegaSquirt, AEM, Greddy, etc. The only issue with these is that they are more in-depth and take some skill/knowledge to install.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
aren't there a couple flashes available now? i haven't been following tuning much, but i thought last year there were a couple options that popped up??

neither was anything that the end user could tune themselves, but it was a tuning solution i thought.

·
Registered
561 Posts
aren't there a couple flashes available now? i haven't been following tuning much, but i thought last year there were a couple options that popped up??

neither was anything that the end user could tune themselves, but it was a tuning solution i thought.
There's tuning from Dynotronics1 (I have this) which is a flash based tune and then there's the Hypertech flash tuner. Hypertech only has tunes premade, but Dynotronics1 can actually get your car on the dyno and tune it to it's best for you.

If you go with Dynotronics flash tune, basically he will do fuel, spark, change rev limiter and remove speed limiter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2004 6i and it the hypertech in only shown for the 2006-2008 6i. Will it still work for my '04 or am I out of luck?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2004 6i and it the hypertech in only shown for the 2006-2008 6i. Will it still work for my '04 or am I out of luck?
We are hoping to be able to add support for the 2004-2005 6i. I don't have a time frame when it will be availabe yet. Make sure you put in a product request on our website for your vehicle. The link to our product request page is http://209.12.144.7/requests.php.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts