Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE CP-E Tuning is only a matter of days from completion. As we speak, the tuner is acutally on my car and is being tested... Tested meaning they are acutally running the tuner and playing with the settings. It should be out for road testing by the end of the week... This tuner... omg... it truely looks like it will do everything i need to have a much better running car i can;t wait to play around with it... Also on a side note... the CP-e Wideband O2 is almost completed as well. I saw the test numbers... and yea there is absolutely no wideband out on the market that is as accurate as the CP-E. It was almost a perfect match between the wideband sensor and the actual. I think there was a difference of 1/10 at most. well i'll keep everyone updated

·
Registered
380 Posts
THE CP-E Tuning is only a matter of days from completion. As we speak, the tuner is acutally on my car and is being tested... Tested meaning they are acutally running the tuner and playing with the settings. It should be out for road testing by the end of the week... This tuner... omg... it truely looks like it will do everything i need to have a much better running car i can;t wait to play around with it... Also on a side note... the CP-e Wideband O2 is almost completed as well. I saw the test numbers... and yea there is absolutely no wideband out on the market that is as accurate as the CP-E. It was almost a perfect match between the wideband sensor and the actual. I think there was a difference of 1/10 at most. well i'll keep everyone updated
[/b]

hmmmmm getting excited over here :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Um, yeah this title should actually read "TUNER IS HERE (FOR ME!)" or "TUNER IS (ALMOST) HERE"!. Effing tease thread!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
so bacially in CP-E terms, i won't come out for another year. We heard that about the downpipe and the intercooler.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I have to agree with you on that one, I rest assure when I saw Josh a few weeks ago I cracked some jokes (I don't think he found them very funny, they are a busy company...)

But I did get to see the tuning device, and talk to all of the CP-E guys.... this tuner should be good...

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
so bacially in CP-E terms, i won't come out for another year. We heard that about the downpipe and the intercooler. [/b]
I'd rather have them take longer to develop and test it, and release a product that isn't buggy and needing updates every few days.

Would you rather they rush it out and then have to fix stuff that should have been fixed during testing?

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I think you missed the point of his comment. [/b]
Oh, I'm new to the aftermarket for the MS6...does CP-E usually take a long time to release stuff?

:blush:

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
When parts are being developed, crap happens and delays are in order. Notice EVERY company who has tried to develope a FMIC for this car has either scrapped the project or put it in an unknown release date. Appearently there are issues putting a FMIC on this car. I have spoken with the guys at CP-E a few times and there are ligitimate reasons. I would personally rather them take the time to fix the issues at hand. I'm sure if you REALLY want it now, you could call them up and go ahead and buy one and they'll send you what they have at this point in time, but I promise you will be disappointed with the results. On the other hand, if you wait and let them do their jobs and quit pestering them with insults, they are going to deliver a very superior product that (with what I know about the kit) will blow the competition out of the water.

·
Registered
820 Posts
the issues are most likely CEL's from the charge air being TOO cold, especially around here with the winter weather. The extra dense air is most likely maxing out one of the sensors.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm just glad they are making progress. I don't have any bias towards or against one tuning company that makes products for Mazda because this is my first Mazda. I will say that I would rather a company take the time they need to get it right the first time rather than release a product, offer reflashes, recalls, and headaches. Is anyone at Mazda reading this?? :p

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
CP-E = :D
That is great news!
They have great parts and obviously know what they are doing.
Common sense tells most of us that R&D takes time and there are ALWAYS "things" that pop up.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I WANT IT!!! Glad to hear it! Cant wait til it is avail for our speed6! I prefer the p&p version. I know it is a bit more, but nothing is better than that, IMHO. :) Great job you guys at CP-E

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
the issues are most likely CEL's from the charge air being TOO cold, especially around here with the winter weather. The extra dense air is most likely maxing out one of the sensors.
[/b]
I'll just say that you would be very suprised, but they DO have a fix for the problem and I'm sure you'll know why when you see it. Shouldn't be too much longer, and I'd be suprised if did not get it worked out with Soelful's car before they started playing with tuning today.

·
Registered
366 Posts
YEAHHHH BOYEEEEE!!!!!!

So..
Is this a plug and play solution? What is it? Reflash? New ECU? What does someone like me (no knowledge) need to do?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Expected price, so we can start putting money aside?

·
Registered
380 Posts
YEAHHHH BOYEEEEE!!!!!!

So..
Is this a plug and play solution? What is it? Reflash? New ECU? What does someone like me (no knowledge) need to do?
[/b]
Sit back and wait for a plug and play device and the price..... :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Glad to hear they're making progress.

Any comments on performance? Have they done any preliminary dyno's? I'm not looking for an exact figure or something definitive just a general idea of the type of performance they're expecting out of it.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts