Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
It's hard to say whether the thing really runs well or not. It's just a show car. There's been a Twin-Turbo'd Mazda6 V6 on the show circuit for almost 3 years. But it doesn't really run like it should. And I would imagine the same holds true in this case as well. The show guys don't have the time, or care honestly, to make the thing run right; that's not the point.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
ECU's are diffrent anyway.... I already asked over the the Fusion Forums

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Shouldn't their ecu work on our car?
[/b]
nope, not at all. No way, no how.

Getting a turbo kit on the maz6 is not tough, it is tuning it that makes it hard. You can fab up a great turbo setup for under $3k, but without tuning, it is useless.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Just have to cough up more money for tuning.

·
Registered
703 Posts
or go stand alone

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
yep for a full stand alone with turbo 5-6k depending on setup. not worth it though without a good amount of other mods and not many people have 8k to put into a car.

·
Registered
703 Posts
yep for a full stand alone with turbo 5-6k depending on setup. not worth it though without a good amount of other mods and not many people have 8k to put into a car.
[/b]

Yeah

If anybody wants to do serious work on the 6, they should reliaze its gonna cost plenty of $$$. If you want a readily available aftermarket, think of a different car.

Nothing is impossibe. It will only be worth it if the tuner sees it that way.

ummm forgive my dumb question, what's the difference with the stand alone?
[/b]

The OEM ECU, or PCM, is completely replaced with an aftermarket ECU giving you full control of the enigne and all its sensors.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah, thx... not that I will be able to afford one, but is there a stand alone available for the V6? that is able to take advantage of the VVT and matching the eletronic throttle?

·
Registered
703 Posts
ah, thx... not that I will be able to afford one, but is there a stand alone available for the V6? that is able to take advantage of the VVT and matching the eletronic throttle?
[/b]

I beieve AEM is the only one capable to work with DBW throttles.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
yeah the M6 is IMO a great looking car with tons of potential, but these days unless you say honda, scion or ford, you get shit for aftermarket parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts