Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just wanted to share out first member at clubtsx dyno'd their car. 171hp and 153lbft torque to the wheels on his best run. His car is stock and the motor still green at 1600miles. YOu can read more about it here.

http://www.clubtsx.com/bbs/showthread.php?...s=&postid=37192

It looks like the TSX makes exaclty 200hp but makes ~ 180lbft of torque between 2500-5000 rpms with it falling off a bit more than the factory dyno shows... this is good if you want to mod your car as it means intake/exhaust/headers will make a significant improvement in top end.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Reading Topic: TSX 6mt Dyno

Thanks for the link TinkySD, I checked it out. Interesting..

EDIT: No info on that Anti-kickback valve huh?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'TSX 6mt Dyno'

Originally posted by AliAL

Thanks for the link TinkySD, I checked it out.  Interesting..

EDIT: No info on that Anti-kickback valve huh?[/b]
unfortunately not yet, i'll bump the thread again. The dynos of the 6s i've seen show about 175hp 170lbft to the wheels is that about right?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Reading Topic: TSX 6mt Dyno

The TSX has a engine with potential, the car is just to damn heavy. I should be about 3000lb like the U.S./Euro Accord I4. that 250lb would make a difference for sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replying to Topic 'TSX 6mt Dyno'

Originally posted by Brillo

The TSX has a engine with potential, the car is just to damn heavy. I should be about 3000lb like the U.S./Euro Accord I4. that 250lb would make a difference for sure.[/b]
I definitely agree, but tsx owners knew that going on in ;) It's still a tad lighter than the 6s manual i believe and while the 6s consistently puts down about 15 more lbft through a lot of the band the tsx with it's more aggresive gearing(slightly) and extra gear might make it a very close race. Who knows...I'm pumped about the news though ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts