Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find this topic posted so sorry if it's already well known.

There is a TSB for your car regarding the small tube that goes between the neck of the radiator (next to the cap) and the overflow bottle. While I had my car in the shop for the transaxle leak I pointed out this annoyance and the tech looked it up. Sure enough a TSB exists on this problem: TSB01-009/06

Get it done before it spews radiator fluid all over your engine like it did mine. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
or go to an auto parts store and spend $.99 on a clamp and not waste your time at the dealer for something simple like this :)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
ok im driving to FL on friday from CT so I better look into that one...hope I dont have any problems.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mine started to leak at 10k miles. zip ties did the trick for me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I first got my car I had this problem. It made a really small mess under the hood. I put a zip tie on the hose until I could get to the dealership. They were unaware of the TSB at the time but after I enlightened them they were happy to order and install the new hose.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I just called my MS dealer and the VIN range for the defective overflow radiator tube is 10452 or lower.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Duh..I clamped it too but if you want it back to stock you can. And if you want to avoid a mess...

Thanks for the clamp advice -- this is a TSB alert.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Duh..I clamped it too but if you want it back to stock you can. And if you want to avoid a mess...

Thanks for the clamp advice -- this is a TSB alert.
[/b]

A very old alert at that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts