Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anybody do this?
Is it something that should be done? Should I trust the dealer to do this?
[/b]
I would deffently take this to the dealer if the car is in warrenty. if not take it to your machanic. I do have one question, when you car ticks is it ticking at a certian RPM range say 1200-~2000 because my "injectors" are firing. LMAO that is what the dealership told me, injectors inject gas spark plugs fire.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines ticks when I first start it in the morning and when I reverse out of the garage. I can't hear it after that but it might just be that other noises are covering it up...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not to jack your thread, but I took mine to the dealer for this. I had the ticking noise from 1000 - 2000 RPM witch was only there after the car warmed up. When it was cold you could not hear it. Ticking noise could be heard most at 1000 RPM and got quieter as the RPMS went up. About 2000 RPM I can’t hear it anymore. Another thing to note, on mine I could only hear it inside the car. If I was standing outside the car no noise....

Dealer said that it was not coming from the engine (I watched the guy crawl around with a stethoscope and listen for ticks in the engine.) I asked them if it was because of the purge canister, they said they were not sure. Then they tried to say it was some flimsy tin bracket that was banging on the firewall. So as of right now I still have the noise, as they were unable to fix it.

Any ideas on what this is would be great..

EDIT:

After reading through a few posts here, it sounds like what im hearing is the Purge Solenoid tick. Anyone have a picture of this thing so I can try and re-locate it, to see if it fixes it? If thats the problem its gettin replaced as well...

the tick I have sounds exactly like the one in this vid clip, video makes it sound louder than it is though. http://www.hz3n.com/car_clicking.mpg

eh.... man I need to update my sig.... Car does not even look like that anymore....

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is the purge solenoid. I had it replaced on my 06 6s and it stoped ticking and then a few months later it started up again. The purge solenoid is located on the fire wall and thats why we can hear it so well. The dealer ships try telling you its nothing and my macanic told me it was that and replaced it only $50 or so.

Not to jack your thread, but I took mine to the dealer for this. I had the ticking noise from 1000 - 2000 RPM witch was only there after the car warmed up. When it was cold you could not hear it. Ticking noise could be heard most at 1000 RPM and got quieter as the RPMS went up. About 2000 RPM I can’t hear it anymore. Another thing to note, on mine I could only hear it inside the car. If I was standing outside the car no noise....

Dealer said that it was not coming from the engine (I watched the guy crawl around with a stethoscope and listen for ticks in the engine.) I asked them if it was because of the purge canister, they said they were not sure. Then they tried to say it was some flimsy tin bracket that was banging on the firewall. So as of right now I still have the noise, as they were unable to fix it.

Any ideas on what this is would be great..

EDIT:

After reading through a few posts here, it sounds like what im hearing is the Purge Solenoid tick. Anyone have a picture of this thing so I can try and re-locate it, to see if it fixes it? If thats the problem its gettin replaced as well...

the tick I have sounds exactly like the one in this vid clip, video makes it sound louder than it is though. http://www.hz3n.com/car_clicking.mpg

eh.... man I need to update my sig.... Car does not even look like that anymore....
[/b]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts