Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a head unit display which shows how fast the car is going, the RPMs, the engine temperature etc. It has one long cable that connect to the OBD 2 port under the steering wheel.

I hate seeing cables and I was wondering how i can hide it? The unit is tight above the speedometer, next to the front windshield. What parts can I remove to hide cable? If someone can tell me how to remove them as well that would be awesome.

Thank you guys

·
Registered
335 Posts
I dont really have an answer for you, but can you maybe go more in depth about what head unit display thingy you got? I would be interested in engine temp.

To help your issue, I have a cell phone holder near where the vent for the defroster is for the side mirror. I have my charger cable going up the front of the dash left of the steering wheel, but I have been toying with the idea of running it through the defroster vent thing.

·
Registered
702 Posts
best I can think of is from the OBD port under the dash up the left side (accessible by popping off the dashboard panel), then feed the wire through the bottom of the sail panel (closest to windshield)

Or try one of those bluetooth OBD adapters

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the late response guys, i was able to fix the issue. Right on the corner of the dashboard on the driver's side there is a small cap, above the VIN number. I just popped the cap off and I was able to run the cables from the OBD 2 port all the way up.

As for the head unit, i attached a picture of it. It's pretty cool for when you need to drive in km and speed limits are in miles or vice versa. It also shows engine temperature, oil temperature and a whole lot of other cool features.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts