Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trunk on my Mazda 6 (sports) just won't open (and yes the doors are unlocked ;)). Is there some sort of child safety on lock on the trunk? ;) HELP!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Only if you get locked in the trunk... There is an emergency release latch in the trunk, just in case you lock yourself in it.

Does it even make the latch release sound when the interior release or remote release button is pressed?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Open your glove box, there is a button in there that says trunk release. Hit it and then try it again. If that button gets hit accidentally it can disable both of the remote openers for the trunk or something.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Open your glove box, check the button in there that disables the trunk open feature. That's usually the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh! I don't have that button in my glove box. My Mazda6 is a 2004. According to the instruction manual, I should have that button, but i dont/ :(

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
how won't it open? will it not open by remote? or at all?
[/b]
It will not open with remote or with the power release on the lower dash. The only way you can open it with the release disabled is with the key.

This feature is NOT on 2006 models, just to let everyone know. Only 2003-05 models.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
lol.. not having a button in the glovebox???? weird shit! u must have the mexican edition of the mazda 6

·
Registered
649 Posts
I tried to take a picture but i only have a camera phone and my car is in a parking garage(no light), it's on the face of the dash inside the glove compartment on the top left hand corner. It's black and if it's dark you can really not tell that it's there.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Maybe he/she has a hatch and doesn't realize it.
[/b]
:laugh: That would be one interesting hatch, being that he/she said they opened the trunk with the key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh god I'm an idiot

Open your glove box, check the button in there that disables the trunk open feature. That's usually the problem.
Oh god...
Pretty sure I switched this off when installing Bluetooth over a year ago. Seemed completely inconsequential at the time. It never occurred to me that these would be related. Crazy how easily one dismisses what seems to be simply detail.

I wondered what "Trunk Opener" meant, now I'll never forget.

Thank you!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts