Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(First time poster in these forums)

My trunk stopped working, it just won't open anymore. It won't unlock using the key either, I took it in already and they "fixed" it and ordered me a new solenoid. The very next day, it stopped working again, so much for their fix. I'm taking it in next week, and they are going to replace the solenoid.

Anyone else have this problem? I think this is more an isolated case but who knows.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Had the button go bad on me last week, but that's it so far.

Jason

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
(First time poster in these forums)

My trunk stopped working, it just won't open anymore. It won't unlock using the key either, I took it in already and they "fixed" it and ordered me a new solenoid. The very next day, it stopped working again, so much for their fix. I'm taking it in next week, and they are going to replace the solenoid.

Anyone else have this problem? I think this is more an isolated case but who knows.
[/b]
shouldnt the key be able to open it even if the solenoid went bad? i mean you should be able to get in your trunk with the key even if your battery is dead right?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i agree. the solenoid moves the same rod that the key is attached to. the only reason i could think that the key wouldn't work either is if the solenoid got stuck in the lock position.

i have had no problems with my trunk.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have also had intermittant trunk problems. Sometimes the trunk button doesnt work. Sometimes it works but the solenoid doesnt unlock the trunk.

They looked at it at the dealer, but found nothing wrong and were not able to reproduce it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have also had intermittant trunk problems. Sometimes the trunk button doesnt work. Sometimes it works but the solenoid doesnt unlock the trunk.

They looked at it at the dealer, but found nothing wrong and were not able to reproduce it.
[/b]
Be prepared for your button to stop functioning. This is exactly what happened to mine, then a month or two later, the button did nothing.

Jason

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi all! 1st time posting here. Love the forums!

I am experiencing the same problem now: trunk button just stopped working for no reason. I've been extra careful closing the trunk since I've had the car, so it definitly could not be my fault.......talked with the dealer about it a few minutes ago and the guy did not seem to surprised to hear about it.

Anyone has an update on the case? Did replacing the antenna solved the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hi all! 1st time posting here. Love the forums!

I am experiencing the same problem now: trunk button just stopped working for no reason. I've been extra careful closing the trunk since I've had the car, so it definitly could not be my fault.......talked with the dealer about it a few minutes ago and the guy did not seem to surprised to hear about it.

Anyone has an update on the case? Did replacing the antenna solved the problem.

Thanks
[/b]
Are you in a freezing temperature location? Sometimes the buttons get frozen and do not work.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It happened to me once after washing the car when it's freezing outside. I figured it has something to do with the sensor than the lock mechanism itself. I could unlock the trunk with the request button on my door. It just wouldn't work with the request button on the trunk. It wouldn't respond with any beep. Then I realized the button on the trunk works when I had the trunk open since it beeped in alert sequence when I pushed the button. It seems like the sensor is frozen or something.

P

·
0 Posts
I bought a used 2003 mazda 6 s this week, and the trunk was working fine until today, the trunk just won't pop open. I am pretty sure its nothing to do with the trunk lock release button. I can hear couple of beeps from the trunk, but it just won't pop open, not even with the key. It seems the lock is somehow stuck. My bag is inside the truck, and I can't get it out. I believe you can only open the rear doors from inside the trunk. Correct me if i am wrong. How am i supposed to get my bag out in this situation, this is really bad feature. What if a child got stuck inside and the trunk lock got stuck. must be a nightmare. I am taking the car to a mechanic, not sure how he is going to get inside the trunk though.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm not sure about the 6 s, by my MS6 has an "emergency" trunk release inside it in the event that a kid somehow managed to get themselves stuck in it. As for the button, I had this problem off and on the first winter I got my car, it seemed to be related to moister + cold. Never had the problem in warm weather. I was able to keep my car in a garage for the most part this winter and was lucky enough not to be plagued by the problem.

However, with that said, even when my button stopped working, I was still able to open the trunk manually or with the driver side unlock button.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I bought a used 2003 mazda 6 s this week, and the trunk was working fine until today, the trunk just won't pop open. I am pretty sure its nothing to do with the trunk lock release button. I can hear couple of beeps from the trunk, but it just won't pop open, not even with the key. It seems the lock is somehow stuck. My bag is inside the truck, and I can't get it out. I believe you can only open the rear doors from inside the trunk. Correct me if i am wrong. How am i supposed to get my bag out in this situation, this is really bad feature. What if a child got stuck inside and the trunk lock got stuck. must be a nightmare. I am taking the car to a mechanic, not sure how he is going to get inside the trunk though.[/b]
It may be in "valet mode". When in this mode the trunk will not open even with trunk release in the car. Do you have the "master" key or the valet key? Check to see if the trunk lock is turned all the way to one side. However, you will not be able to get in there if your using the valet key, which is grey for the 6s.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just had my trunk 'switch' fixed. It was intermitent then just quite working all together. Dealer said they redesigned the switch and all parts come from Japan. So be prepared to wait! Only took about 45min to replace...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When my trunk stopped working, it was in the middle of the summer so it wasn't due to cold weather. Haven't a problem since they replaced the solenoid.

But now I'm faced with a new problem, my keyless entry doesn't really work. The command buttons on the car do not work, however, I can still lock/unlock the car with the buttons on the key fob. When I get in the car, I can start it, but the "KEY" light is on, basically indicating the key isn't there or something is wrong. I checked the battery (with a load on it) and it seems fine. Guess I'll leave it up to the dealer to figure out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
JKL
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing