Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my 6 month detailing of my 2014 GT when I noticed what appeared to be some paint discoloration bleeding out from under the rubber molding around the trunk opening. I decided to remove the molding from around the top of the trunk and down the sides. I found that the majority of the spot welds had begun to develop rust. I cleaned up the surface to find that the damage is in the beginning stages. Not sure if this is more evident to the white paint or not. Just looking to see if others of you have experienced this and what you did to correct this. I had my previous 6 for 11 years and fortunately no rust, I plan on keeping this one at least that long so i would like to nip this in the bud.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have yet to be convinced that the GJ Mazda6 is as durable as the Gen 1 car. It just seems a bit insubstantial to me... mebe sheet metal gauge, paint thickness/process, galvanizing quality? See attached screenshot. I see some remarkably clean Gen 1 cars 'round here in Vancouver.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sorry - I can't seem to put my screenprint on this reply with a decent resolution. It more or less is some comment that a Krown Rustproofing franchisee made about Mazda's having poor quality galvanizing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts