Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and searched but haventh found anything in the forums only about the trunk light itself, but what i want to know is there a "trunk notification light" in the dash, that lets me know the trunk is open. A friend of mine had to get something from the trunk and didnt close it properly and i drove all the way to CT from NY with my trunk open on the I95. It didnt fly open but wouldve been embrassing to have my stuff bump out my trunk on the interstate.

Is there any notification that the trunk is open whether it be the open door icon or its own icon, the open door icon doesnt come on when the trunk is open so i know thats not it. is there none or is mine broken out out or something... :irate:

My brake light (in dash) was also not working but comes on when i first start the car but not when i pull the handbrake took it to the dealer and said it was a loose wire which was fixed, but totally forgot to ask about the trunk light.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
As far as I know there is no light at all but the car will not lock(beep) if it's open, o the time I was doing 100 then got home and notice my trunk was open!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know there is no light at all but the car will not lock(beep) if it's open, o the time I was doing 100 then got home and notice my trunk was open!
[/b]
wait your car beeps when it locks :drool: mines only blinks the two signal lights :swearin: is there a way to turn on that beep feature..

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Yeah I looked in the manual and I couldn't find any reference either. You just need to be aware of the trunk I guess. I have done it once, but once I found my trunk to be open when I got home, I now look at the trunk everytime I get into the car. Kinda silly if you accidentally open the trunk when in the car though. But there has to be a indicator somewhere!!! (even though I believe there isn't)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I looked in the manual and I couldn't find any reference either. You just need to be aware of the trunk I guess. I have done it once, but once I found my trunk to be open when I got home, I now look at the trunk everytime I get into the car. Kinda silly if you accidentally open the trunk when in the car though. But there has to be a indicator somewhere!!! (even though I believe there isn't)
[/b]

Does your car beep when u lock your doors or just the flash of the two signal lights..?

·
Registered
387 Posts
When I first got my car, it beeped when I hit the alarm. Then magically, one day it stopped beeping and did the 2 flashes thing. Then, a few months down the road, it un-magically reverted back to beeping. I think my alarm is possessed. If anyone knows how to make it stop beeping that would be great.

Or I'll just let my alarm decide for me what it wants to do

·
Registered
498 Posts
Press lock button twice and it beeps. You probably didn't notice when you first got your car.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Press lock button twice and it beeps. You probably didn't notice when you first got your car.
[/b]
wait its only beeps this way, say for example you hit the lock button in the car on the door and when all doors have been shut the signal lights blink, does this merrit a beep also, or it only beeps when the lock button it hit on the remote.. why twice..?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had the car for about 10 days and I think I have driven with the trunk open at least 3 separate occasions. They only way that I knew that it was open is when the alarm wouldn't arm. Does everyone else have to slam their trunk to close it? Also, does anyone else notice you have to slam the doors rather hard to close them too?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Does your car beep when u lock your doors or just the flash of the two signal lights..?
[/b]
My alarm is an aftermarket alarm with autostart. So I guess it beeps twice to unarm like every alarm with two flashes of light. If I try to arm I believe it arms normally with the one beep, but when I unarm, it beeps three times. But again, this is the aftermarket alarm, not stock. So I hope that helps!

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
wait its only beeps this way, say for example you hit the lock button in the car on the door and when all doors have been shut the signal lights blink, does this merrit a beep also, or it only beeps when the lock button it hit on the remote.. why twice..?
[/b]
Correct. Locking the doors via the door switch before closing the door will flash the blinkers when the door is closed. Same thing when you hit the "lock" button on the remote once. Hit it twice, and the horn beeps.

It helps when you can't see the blinkers and want to know if you're cars is locked, and NOT using the horn helps when you're in a quiet neighborhood at night and you don't want to disturb anyone by locking your car.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Not sure if the other replies say this, but the way it works...

1. Hit the button once, the signal lights blink and the doors lock.

2. Hit the button a second time within a few seconds and the lights don't blink but the horn beeps.

3. Hit the button more times and it beeps each time, as long as you don't wait too long between number two and three (and four and five...)

4. If you don't hear the horn honk after the second hit you either waited to long between hits or one of the doors or the trunk is not fully closed.

If you wait long enough between the first button hit and the second, the system resets itself and the car thinks it's the first time you hit the button. And how long this is I never really timed - I just know it happens when I go back and try it agai.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Shane23
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing