Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
how do I make the trunk lighter brighter? whats the best way to do this? thanks
[/b]
i agree, it's entirely too dim and useless. I put in two 10" neons that are bright as hell and wired them directly into the wiring for the trunk light. It's been working fine for about a year now. The neons were about $20 shipped on ebay for both of them total.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i agree, it's entirely too dim and useless. I put in two 10" neons that are bright as hell and wired them directly into the wiring for the trunk light. It's been working fine for about a year now. The neons were about $20 shipped on ebay for both of them total.
[/b]
got any pics of them?

·
Registered
748 Posts
[/b]
I agree, this would defintely be your best bet. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. But i want to do the interior passenger area first.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
sorry it took so long, but here's the pics of my trunk lights.

and the wiring

i pulled the stock light out, cut the end off so I had two bare wires. Positive to the Blue with Red Stripe wire, negative to the brown wire. Be sure to disconnect the battery as I blew a fuse doing this. Simple, easy, and very bright. Any questions?

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
sorry it took so long, but here's the pics of my trunk lights.

and the wiring

i pulled the stock light out, cut the end off so I had two bare wires. Positive to the Blue with Red Stripe wire, negative to the brown wire. Be sure to disconnect the battery as I blew a fuse doing this. Simple, easy, and very bright. Any questions?
[/b]
are those neon tubes or led tubes? I got some led tubes and i'm not too satisfied with them, though it could also be a color issue; i got yellow. Maybe if i would have gotten blue led tubes it would look better.

·
Registered
313 Posts
try those cold cathode lights, someone had pics of them under their dash and also replaced their license plate light.

but they were bright and cheap. i cant recall the website they had them on, but it was nice. true colors.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
are those neon tubes or led tubes? I got some led tubes and i'm not too satisfied with them, though it could also be a color issue; i got yellow. Maybe if i would have gotten blue led tubes it would look better.
[/b]
they're neons, $10 a piece on ebay shipped. I would definitely say the yellow had a lot to do with the light output.

·
Registered
149 Posts
they're neons, $10 a piece on ebay shipped. I would definitely say the yellow had a lot to do with the light output.
[/b]
How did you mount them the trunk? i'm think double sided tape off the top of my head but that doesnt seem like it would last more than a day.

Same goes for the interior ones. I got 12" led tubes from superbrightleds and those stupid clips have to be installed PERFECTLY and i dont wanna drill if i dont have to

I literally have tape holding them for now until i run the wires internally under the panels to the hidden lighter jack. ( i saw a thread on someone who did it and its a clean look

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
How did you mount them the trunk? i'm think double sided tape off the top of my head but that doesnt seem like it would last more than a day.

Same goes for the interior ones. I got 12" led tubes from superbrightleds and those stupid clips have to be installed PERFECTLY and i dont wanna drill if i dont have to

I literally have tape holding them for now until i run the wires internally under the panels to the hidden lighter jack. ( i saw a thread on someone who did it and its a clean look
[/b]
the lights had small holes on the ends for screws, so they're screwed into the sheet metal. As for the interior, I used zip ties and zip tied the tubes to whatever i could.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
how do I make the trunk lighter brighter? whats the best way to do this? thanks
[/b]
Hands down..... http://www.oznium.com/cathode-kit Cheaper than neons and I think just a bright.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...52554&st=30

Check this one out too

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=52769&hl=

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Those lights are cool. I might have to do that one of these days. I love blue, but probably go with red, cuz it is typically the best for not killing your night vision.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts