Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mileage is about 28,900. My dealer service person said

"Do you wanna 30,000 service now? If you don't do that, it will void the warranty."

Me " How much is it?"

"$499"

Me "$500!! :huh: What is included?"

"Check all the fluid and fuel injection cleaning...."

My mind " BS! [email protected]#$%king stealership!!!" :thefing:

Is that required????

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Nope. Not required to be under warranty. They cannot void your warranty for not doing "suggested" maintenance. Anyways, your service person cannot void your warranty. Only Mazda Corporate can do that

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Not required to be under warranty. They cannot void your warranty for not doing "suggested" maintenance. Anyways, your service person cannot void your warranty. Only Mazda Corporate can do that
[/b]

What a POS! That's how they make $$$. I am sick of thier strategies.... :nono:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can buy a bottle of fuel injector cleaner at advanced auto, or autozone. Chevron with techron is a good mid level cleaner that isn't too harsh.

Then check all your fluids and top off if necessary, and record that you did this in a logbook.
[/b]
Yup that is what I am going to do. $500 vs maybe up to $50. :yesnod:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Service intervals also include oil/filter changes too. Make sure that your cabin air filter and intake air filters aren't up for renewal as well.
[/b]
By the way, I am checking my factory warranty length.

When I look at the sticker on the body near the driver's door, it says 05/03 with vin # etc. I bought the car used, so do I still count 4 years from 05/03, correct?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, it is 4 years from original purchase date. That is the build date.
[/b]

How do I find out the original purchase date?? I should not be the original because I bought used 6.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
How do I find out the original purchase date?? I should not be the original because I bought used 6.
[/b]
Any Mazda dealer should be able to run your V.I.N. and let you know what the "In service" date was( the original purchase date). I hope that helps. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
979 Posts
My advice don't ever go back to that dealer or their service dept. because they are out for the $ and scamming you...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My advice don't ever go back to that dealer or their service dept. because they are out for the $ and scamming you...
[/b]

It is only Mazda dealership in my city though..... guess what They sell Mazda and Kia..... :sarc:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
yuimyt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing