Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second time in a row, I had problems starting M6 in -5 degree weather , but probably around -15 with the wind chill :swearin: . I put some gas line antifreeze into my full tank today and tried to start half way through my shift and again she would stall out when trying to give her gas. It took a good 10 times till she would take some gas, and you could really hear CP-e sucking in the air but was getting gas til reved her. Some help please.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Dang, might look into a garage for those super cold mornings if you can. I havent had problems yet personally. It has only dropped to about that cold just once though so im not sure. The one morning that it was that cold took about a crank or two more then usual but once it started it kept running. It stayed at about 2K rpm for about a min or two though before starting to drop down.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, might look into a garage for those super cold mornings if you can. I havent had problems yet personally. It has only dropped to about that cold just once though so im not sure. The one morning that it was that cold took about a crank or two more then usual but once it started it kept running. It stayed at about 2K rpm for about a min or two though before starting to drop down.
[/b]
I do keep in the garage, but I was away for 2 weeks before this cold snap happened. I think it might be a bad batch of gas or condensation in the tank from rapid changes in temperatures from the garage to outside.

Thanks, thou. Are you running an air take too?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do keep in the garage, but I was away for 2 weeks before this cold snap happened. I think it might be a bad batch of gas or condensation in the tank from rapid changes in temperatures from the garage to outside.

Thanks, thou. Are you running an air take too?
[/b]
Man, you wouldnt believe it. I let the car sit for about two hours after running for 30 mins, took 2 starts using gas and now i have CEL showing. What the f--k is going on? Anyone got suggestions? This is the first winter with the CP-e intake. :swearin:

·
Registered
276 Posts
That really sucks man. I haven't had a problem with mine at all. Sometimes I get a little bucking when I am stopping but I believe it is because of those schochlocks. I am going to solder mine as soon as the weather gets better again. I would take it in to see what is going on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That really sucks man. I haven't had a problem with mine at all. Sometimes I get a little bucking when I am stopping but I believe it is because of those schochlocks. I am going to solder mine as soon as the weather gets better again. I would take it in to see what is going on.
[/b]
I think it was water in the gas/ gas lines. I had a CEL for alittle bit, but it cleared. I'm taking it to Steel Mazda on Tues for PCV recall and oil change. I'll be sure to get to clear and update my ECU.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
No air intake for me. I wouldn't think it would matter though because the engine wasnt running either way so both would be getting the exact same cold air initially.

PCV recall... hmm. Should look into that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No air intake for me. I wouldn't think it would matter though because the engine wasnt running either way so both would be getting the exact same cold air initially.
PCV recall... hmm. Should look into that.
[/b]
Had the PCV recall done with the oil change. And had the same problem again but it was +5 and damp, wouldn't start for about 5 mins, this it was getting any gas even with the paddle to the floor. It finally started and got CEL, but went away after a couple starts. Going to Dealer tomorrow first thing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had the PCV recall done with the oil change. And had the same problem again but it was +5 and damp, wouldn't start for about 5 mins, this it was getting any gas even with the paddle to the floor. It finally started and got CEL, but went away after a couple starts. Going to Dealer tomorrow first thing.
[/b]
Found out the problem is my Cam Sensor. That why it was acting up. Anyone else have this problem.

·
Registered
158 Posts
More Maritimers on here I see. We should see if we can get some people together when the weather gets nice out. I know there are quite a few from the Maritimes on the Mazda 3 forums. Just a suggestion. :yesnod:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Russell_C
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing