Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here in the market for a new Mazdaspeed6.

So I went to a Mazda dealer today thinking they'd have a brand new MS6 on the lot, boy was I wrong. They did have a 06 GT demo with 2200 on it though. I took a look at it and it was beautiful inside and out. I never saw a MS6 in person so I was pretty suprised. I wanted to test drive the vehicle but he said it was too late, and he wanted to do one tomorrow but I can't due to work, so i'll test drive it this weekend and hopefully it's everything i'm hoping for.

Anyway I asked the salesman if they had any leftover 06s or would be getting 07s any time soon and the guy said he didn't have that info. I got home and did a search on the Mazda site for dealer inventories, and I can't find ANY MS6 GT's with Navi here in the New York City area. On a side note.. i found it weird that when I type in my zip code I only get about 6 dealers for my results. I did a search in Jersey... same thing, I only get about 10 dealers. The results though are a little better as there are more with Navi. Find it annoying that I have to go to Jersey to find the car I want, i'm scared to find out what it takes to get the white/black leather seats.

Anyway... if anyone knows of any dealers in the Tri-State area with an 06 white GT with navi, and possibly two-tone leather let me know cuz I can't find one searching on the Mazda site. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Many of us had to go out of state to get our cars. I couldn't get the two-tone leather. I wanted it soooooo bad.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've been watching AutoTrader around here and there haven't been any new 06's advertised lately. There are 4 used ones and a handful of 07's within 100 miles. The dealer I bought from doesn't have a single 06 or 07 on the lot now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
At the dealership I went to they had 7 06 speed6's at the time I picked up mine. That was a month ago now they have 4. Not to good in sales here in Florida I guess.

If you have any doubts on a new car dont drive that Speed6. You will have to own it once you do. Thats your only warning.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
If you have any doubts on a new car dont drive that Speed6. You will have to own it once you do. Thats your only warning.[/b]
+1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the dealership I went to they had 7 06 speed6's at the time I picked up mine. That was a month ago now they have 4. Not to good in sales here in Florida I guess.
If you have any doubts on a new car dont drive that Speed6. You will have to own it once you do. Thats your only warning.[/b]
Maybe i'm hoping for that?

I fell in love with the car today on the lot.

When I saw the LGT in person I didn't fall in love... I just liked it, and to think I almost bought it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe i'm hoping for that?

I fell in love with the car today on the lot.

When I saw the LGT in person I didn't fall in love... I just liked it, and to think I almost bought it.[/b]

If you can settle for one without Nav and two tone leather, there is a beautiful pearl white GT in CT (as of yesterday).

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but New York along with Mass, Vermont, Cali, and New Hampshire ( not sure about New Hampshire) have Cali Emssions and cars from outside these areas are not allowed to be registers as new cars. I orignal was going to buy a car from jersey back in august and i had put a deposit on a car but the called me the next day telling me that they couldn't sell me the car do to the emssions option wasn't on the car (stupid 100 dollar option)and refunded me my deposit-- it sucks you best bet is to go to a dealership and have them search for you

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
They are giving away fully loaded 06 model speeds down here. A 31k MS6 is going for 23k

·
Registered
532 Posts
For real, if you were down south, you could get what you wanted. I wanted mine to have the NAV, but the dealer down here in S. FLA only had GT with two tone, which I personally don't like, and they had like 7 or 8 of them. That was several months ago... Best of luck on your search...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Can your dealer trade cars out of state? There are a ton of GT's w/Nav sitting on the lots here in Chicago area.[/b]
Dealers like to stay within their region (usually a few states) because other dealers out of region are hesitant to trade because the cost to the dealer is higher. If it comes down to it and the dealer wants the sale, they will just buy the car from another dealer and eat the cost of transport, but I think you might have a hard time doing that. You can call a dealer and negotiate for sale over the phone, it's done often. Then you can either fly in and drive the car home or you can have the car shipped.

·
Registered
744 Posts
your gonna have a real hard time finding a pearl white ms6. babyblue was looking for one not too long ago and he couldnt find one. Im not 100% sure but i dont think he was looking for the gt though.
good luck in your search.

S

·
0 Posts
Just wanted to say HI to everyone. I'm new on the board and really liked all the infos I've gotten so far...

Here in California there's still one or two I've seen in a couple dealerships. Luckily, I've got the same one you're looking for last month on my first test drive. Just love this car... :drive:

·
Registered
446 Posts
On a side note.. i found it weird that when I type in my zip code I only get about 6 dealers for my results. I did a search in Jersey... same thing, I only get about 10 dealers. The results though are a little better as there are more with Navi. Find it annoying that I have to go to Jersey to find the car I want, i'm scared to find out what it takes to get the white/black leather seats.[/b]
Boost, make sure once you do the search you click "show results for more dealers" under the page numbers. I don't know why but they changed the search and even if you enter 150 mile radius, it filters dealers for you - I have no idea why. You'll get more if you click this.

I tried getting an 06 Mz6 from Mississippi to NY and there were 2 issues:
1) It didn't have NY/CA emissions and I would have had to claim an exception which would have been a royal pain in the ass
2) Shipping the car cost $1000 and the dealer would pass it on to me (unless I flew down and drove it back)

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks a lot all for the replies. When I go to the dealer this weekend for the test drive i'll ask if he can find the car I want. I can settle without the two tone leather, but I'd like the navi. Also white isn't a must, liquid platinum is a nice color too. I saw there are a few in jersey with platinum and navi.. just not sure if they have the emissions option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks a lot all for the replies. When I go to the dealer this weekend for the test drive i'll ask if he can find the car I want. I can settle without the two tone leather, but I'd like the navi. Also white isn't a must, liquid platinum is a nice color too. I saw there are a few in jersey with platinum and navi.. just not sure if they have the emissions option.[/b]
I just bought a Pearl White sport with Nav wast of Chicago. It was 24K. Out here in the burbs, the Naperville dealer only had GT's and they all had the black and white leather seats. From my search it was the only Pearl White in the immediate area and one of the last Speed6's with cloth seats--I didn't like the leather seats, although they were comfortable, they weren't properly supportive--they just don't hold you in the seat like I prefer.

I have a 01 Miata and had a 97 Pathfinder that the MS6 is going to replace. It's a great car--the ultimate sleeper (but I'll really miss the Miata)

I saw all of the colors but I think the White looked the best. Most of the other colors are too dark and don't show off the black grill. Also, the Pearl with the black interior looks very sharp. My second choice was the Liquid Titanium.

Good luck on your search, you'll probably love the car.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is great to hear. I actually made an illegal left turn into a Mazda dealership on my way to an oilfield incident when I saw a Speed 6 on their lot.

Less than two weeks later, I drove it home.

They are really irresistable. Since then, I have had BMW 330 CI and Audi drivers talk to me in parking lots and gas stations to find out where they can get one--the truth.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts