Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it has been told to me, the Lincoln LS V6 and Jaguar S-type V6 feature the very same engine that we have in our M6, with a few minor changes, being the heads and the intake, but everything else is virtually the same.

The intake itself has been brought to my attention. The M6 has a dual-stage intake and the LS/S-type has a triple-stage intake, both the LS and S-type are rated about 12 BHP more than the M6, so this might be an avenue to explore. I called up the local Lincoln dealer and asked them about how much would one cost, with some part number mix-ups, an exact price was not determined, but he told me around $410 for the upper and lower intake complete with fuel rail and injectors.

So what do you think?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Triple Stage Intake'

Originally posted by 84FordMan

with a few minor changes, being the heads and the intake,  [/b]
FEW!!! MINOR!!! Heads and intake are what really define a engine.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Triple Stage Intake'

Originally posted by LBJay

Originally posted by 84FordMan

with a few minor changes, being the heads and the intake,  [/b]
FEW!!! MINOR!!! Heads and intake are what really define a engine. [/b][/quote]

And I hope to redefine the M6 with this intake :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Triple Stage Intake

How do you plan to control the 3 stage intake?? The switch points are controled by the ECU.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

My last tuning project was a non-computerized, carb'ed truck, so what all would the ECU control and monitor? Would it be possible to swap the ECU as well?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

You'd probably have to have someone remap an ECU for you, or add a piggyback. The Lincoln/Jaguar ECU wouldn't run the Mazda engine correctly, because the engine is quite a bit different. Modern engine control is pretty damn complicated, to make an understatement.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Let's just say that you couldn't do it with the stock ECU. Buy the time you buy an aftermarket ECU and pay for the dyno time to get it set up and working... it would probably come out to over $200 per HP.

NA HP is expensive!!! That's why everybody does turbos or superchargers.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Any chance of turning Kenne Bell's supercharger kit for the Escape/Tribute around to work with the 6?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I think all the Bell kits inculde a Optimodule to reprogram fuel, spark and trans. IF it could be adapted, they would still have to do an ECU mod of some sort. Not sure how they would handle the ETC (Electronic Throtle Control)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts