Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the trip computer (indicating av. speed, av. fuel consumption, current fuel cons. and remaining kilometers) doesn't reset for each new trip.

Which could be by design but even if you reset it you only reset the measurement you are looking at. So you have to cycle to both av. speed and av. fuel cons. to reset them both.

If you don't reset you'll be looking at your average speed and consumption combined with yesterday's trip.. and the day before.. and the day before.. pretty useless to me.

Is that just me?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Trip computer

Well...frankly, yes, you're right! It shows average consumption for the last 100 km driving. An indication of your driving style, pretty much nothing else.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Next time i bring it in i'm going to ask my dealer if he can rig it to reset/lose power or whatever so it is at least resetted when you switch the engine off.

·
Registered
322 Posts

What I'd like to see is a whole score of extra information... current litre per hour consumption (to work out how much gas you lose when idling at the lights); 0-100km/h time, 1/4 mile time, etc ... all that stuff could be built in easily enough I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Trip computer? What's this? Yet another feature the American version does not have? Ya'll are lucky to even have a trip computer, all I've got is a little button that resets the trip miles if I want to start over.

Maybe you didn't notice, but noone else from the US replied...that's cause we don't have one :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

It's nothing fancy. It's not even a dispay in front of you, you have to change mode on the stereo/acc/temp/computer display...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Trip computer'

I was actually going to post a question about the trip computer. The other night I noticed that the display has words "consumpt; 100km..." in the left upper corner.

And I thought it must be a trip computer but could not find any buttons to activate it.

Well, you can't activate something that is not there!

·
Registered
322 Posts

Really?? USA doesn't have the trip computer? Here's a pic of mine from Aussie. Sorry about the clarity, it's a bit blurry.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Well, here in USA we have "SET" button instead of the "Trip Info".

The "SET" does nothing but zeros out minutes on your clock and adjusts numbers while setting the clock.

Sad, ...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Nope, we definitely don't have a trip computer. We have two trip odometers in the speedometer section, but no trip computer.

·
Registered
178 Posts

In the USA we take the shaft for all the good options that are out-there. I just wish once we could have something that no one else has.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Dirt...I think the one thing we have is the v6 option. After reviewing all the options everyone else has that we don't, I would take the v6 option over all others :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

No way...you don't have the sport option either? Now that really sucks too. Keep your trip computer, navigation system, and anything else they've given you. I'll keep my v6 s :)

Oh yea, ya'll are missing the additional cigarette lighter in the arm rest and the window lock button on the door.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by DIRT RACER

In the USA we take the shaft for all the good options that are out-there.  I just wish once we could have something that no one else has.[/b]
You've got Dubya. That gotta count for something... :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The sport kit IS available somehow. I guess they order it specially from Japan , they better do that since it costs over 3000 dollars. I belive Junkan or someone had gotten a qoute of 1700 dollars mounted on delivery, but I have never seen it in any accseory list or heard about it, nor have I seen a car that's not from the JDM or USA with the kit on.

We do have the Window Lock button! And the second ligher isn't anything I really miss - what do you have it for really?

·
Registered
56 Posts

But you have an extra power outlet (12V) in the CD box though ;)

Probably it's very valuable according to Mazda in US as they decided to give you this instead of other options that are available in Europe/Asia/Australia :)

Anyway, I hate to see the av.consumption indication ~18l/100km on my I4/2,3l... :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Trip computer

According to the owner's manual, the armrest cigarette lighter is supposed to be for cell phones or other 'accessories'. Peronally I hate cell phone drivers, they are always the slowest ones in the fast lane, or making some idiot turn in the middle of the road. I've almost gotten ran off the road so many times by someone on a cell phone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Originally posted by diesel5599
            According to the owner's manual, the armrest cigarette lighter is supposed to be for cell phones or other 'accessories'. Peronally I hate cell phone drivers, they are always the slowest ones in the fast lane, or making some idiot turn in the middle of the road. I've almost gotten ran off the road so many times by someone on a cell phone.[/b]
That's why i have a carkit. No need for an extra cig lighter too.

Actually it's illegal in the Netherlands to use a mobile phone in your car without a carkit. Costs you about 140 euro's (=$).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts