Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I have noticed that when the fuel indicator was showing that the tank is completely empty (the arrow was barely touching the first line on the indicator) the trip computer still showed that there is enough of gas for 50 km.

I didn't risk to test if it was possible to drive those 50 km. So is there some problem with the car, with the fuel indicator or the trip computer.

the whole experience took place in the city conditions (not on the highway) and I drive a 2,3l sedan.

Has anybody had some similar experience with low-fuel driving conditions?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Reading Topic: Trip Computer Question

i know right...shoot i could go for a freaking trip computer. damn NA...tho i still love my car=P.

-yasir

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Trip Computer Question'

I've got the trip computer, but no NAV though... so relax; it's not too good for me either... :D

·
Registered
156 Posts

You should find that is pretty accurate, with my old mazda 626 when the fuel light came on I could still do about 50-80 km before I ran out. Im looking forward to testing that when my car is delivered in 3 weeks.
Now if only they could release a sat nav system here in oz.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, it's pretty accurate. BUT never run your tank empty for the old and obvious reasons.

Anyway, our Mazda6 has a fuel low indicator. And when that turns on (a yellow LED); this means there are about 6-8 litres of gas left in the tank. Time to fill her up, that is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Anyway, our Mazda6 has a fuel low indicator. And when that turns on (a yellow LED); this means there are about 6-8 litres of gas left in the tank. Time to fill her up, that is.[/b]
So this means, that I should not trust the trip.comp., but the fuel low indicator... Or vice-versa? :) Who is the layer? :D

I'm now trying to analyse those indicators, so after my research I'll share the findings with everyone. :) Only I don't know for how long shall I have patients to drive the car on low fuel, moreover it's not recomendend to do so. :sarc

·
Registered
322 Posts

The user's manual says: fill up when the low fuel indicator comes on, the trip computer is an estimate and not to be considered accurate.

I think I was down to 50km when my low light came on too... but 50kms is approx 5 litres remaining, so you could see that as being low ;)

-- Rainchld

·
Registered
176 Posts

I was also tried already this problem which I believe it "belongs" to the trip computer.
The conditions in which I've experienced this were "ideal" and I knew it from my old car (Renault) that you could get this but for Mazda was more inacurrate.
When you trip out of the city (low consumption) and the computer calculate 6-7 l/100 km and you came into the city - with the last 10 litres - the computer estimate it will keep you 150 more km. when in fact it will hardly keep you 100 km.

So ... believe the indicator. And, when the light goes on ... start looking for the gas station. Also for the diesel it is not recommended to run on the last 10 litres ... because of the garbages in the gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts