Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am trying to figure out which Trim I own on my Mazda 6 2017.
I feel like it should be obvious or written somewhere but I can't find it under the hood or on the side door sticker.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Grand Touring
55 Posts
Give us a detailed list of the features your car has and we should be able to help.

·
Super Moderator
17,514 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Like Racoon said, please give us some idea as to what's installed/equipped on the car for features and we'll try to deduce what you've got :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was asking for a general way to deduce this information. It seemed easier on other car manufactures or listed in the label somewhere. So unless you know what options trims differ with the information isn't readily available.

But Its a 2017 Mazda 6 with leather seats, 19 inch wheels, no sunroof dual AC climate control.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A couple of spots to look out for (US spec):

Grand Touring-there will be a cut out above the speedometer for the active driving display, Grand Touring with the premium package will have a black headliner and an additional switch next to the heated seats for the steering wheel heater, there will also be brown piping running along the sides of the seats.

Touring and down will have a see-through section at the vertical spoke of the steering wheel. 2017 Touring with the tech package will have LED running lights and rear LED combination lights.

Assuming the wheels have not been modified, I believe the 2017 sport trim is still riding on 17s while the touring wears 19s in silver. Other than these more obvious visual cues the biggest difference between Touring and sport will be feature wise such as automatic head lights and I believe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple of spots to look out for (US spec):

Grand Touring-there will be a cut out above the speedometer for the active driving display, Grand Touring with the premium package will have a black headliner and an additional switch next to the heated seats for the steering wheel heater, there will also be brown piping running along the sides of the seats.

Touring and down will have a see-through section at the vertical spoke of the steering wheel. 2017 Touring with the tech package will have LED running lights and rear LED combination lights.

Assuming the wheels have not been modified, I believe the 2017 sport trim is still riding on 17s while the touring wears 19s in silver. Other than these more obvious visual cues the biggest difference between Touring and sport will be feature wise such as automatic head lights and I believe
Thank you this is helpful information.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
.. have you ever thought of going straight to the sauce (Mazda), first? I mean, it would be logical. Then, there's always the internet.

after, literally, 30-45seconds of browsing on the internet.. most of it was due to my slow ass typing skills

"2017 Mazda6 Specifications". First link. ===> https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets/vehicles/2017/mazda6/pdf/2017-mazda6-specifications.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
.. have you ever thought of going straight to the sauce (Mazda), first? I mean, it would be logical. Then, there's always the internet.

after, literally, 30-45seconds of browsing on the internet.. most of it was due to my slow ass typing skills

"2017 Mazda6 Specifications". First link. ===> https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets/vehicles/2017/mazda6/pdf/2017-mazda6-specifications.pdf
Obviously I did look and that’s why I’m asking. This post is not helpful, unlike the one above. I looked through my owners manual in addition to the sticker under the hood and it didn’t list the trim.
Seeing as how there are three base trims with each different packages I was trying to narrow down specific information not some smartass post on how to use google.
And as stated I find it odd that the exact trim is not listed anywhere in print on the vehicle unlike some other auto manufacturers.

·
Super Moderator
17,514 Posts
So far as I know, the trim isn't located anywhere on the car physically because it can vary depending on what features are enabled. For example, wiring for the heated side mirrors exists in all trims (that I'm aware of) but the actual heating mechanism isn't unless you have a GT or Touring + Tech Package. That means dealers would (theoretically) be able to add in those features if they wanted and not have to worry about fixing/updating physical tags on the car.

Dual AC means nothing. Leather seats mean nothing. Post pics man, its the fricking 21st century. Turbo?
Actually, leather helps, no sunroof helps, rims help. GT and Touring are the only ones with the 19s, so Sport is out. GT models come with Leather-trimmed seats, where the centers are still leatherette. Tourings come with full leatherette, and sports don't have either. Touring + Tech come with sunroof but GTs always have a sunroof, so he's got a Touring without the tech package so far as I can tell.

And sorry OP, you're only getting some sass from people because we get this question all the time and doing some tiny amount of research would've got an answer. I think most people didn't see that you were also curious if there was a physical indicator somewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what I know there are a few things that would be a PITA (though not impossible) to change.
GT Only
High Beam Control, Lane Keep Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition

GT package only
Radar Cruise, Smart Brake Support with Collision warning, Lane Departure

Touring/GT
Keyless Entry (not just fob), power moonroof, Dual-zone AC, Blindspot Monitoring

Touring package/GT
Smart City Brake

Sport
Variable-intermittent wipers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts