Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

The first Mazda 6 I drove was a 2.3 sedan. It was black and had a greyish trim color. Yesterday I viewed a Silver Contrail colored sedan 2.0 which had a greenish trim color.

Does anyone know anything about the combinations?

Sigvard, what trim color does your car have (I know you have the 1.8, and here in Sweden that has another trim).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Trim colors'

In Estonia there's not much choice in interior trims. Depending on overall trim level you choose you either have black cloth on seats and doors (Classic and GT trim levels); beige or grey velour (Elegance) or black leather (optional for Elegance and GT). Classic and Elegance trim levels come with either 1.8 or 2.0 engine, GT is 2.3 only (so you can't have velour seats with 2.3 engine and have to "downgrade" your equipment level from Elegance to Classic if you want cloth seats with 1.8 or 2.0 engine).

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Sigvard, what trim color does your car have (I know you have the 1.8, and here in Sweden that has another trim).[/b]
Check your PM-s

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Originally posted by Sigvard

Sigvard, what trim color does your car have (I know you have the 1.8, and here in Sweden that has another trim).[/b]
Check your PM-s[/b][/quote]

Thanks, Sigvard. I just saw your reply.

It looks like body color and trim color as well as equipment levels and other packaging is different on different markets.

The 6 I saw yesterday had standard rims, not alloys, with wheel covers. And as far as I can tell it was Silver Contrail, and the trim (although through the glass...) was definitely a very light green colour. Very stylish indeed.

I was simply curious since I just don't know what my own 6's trim color will be...

Thanks again.

/Steve

·
Registered
244 Posts

It looks like body color and trim color as well as equipment levels and other packaging is different on different markets.[/b]
It's surprising that countries geographically so close have so different trim levels. As far as I know all the cars are coming to Estonia through Finland. I just expected the customer preferences in regards to equipment to be the same in Northern European countries.

BTW I checked the Swedish Mazda site. Can you tell me what "Hjulsidor, heltäckande" means. It seems to be something available only with 1.8 (just curious if I have one ;) ).

Thanks

P.S. The interior on the photo of the dashboard looks PRECISELY like in my 6.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It looks like body color and trim color as well as equipment levels and other packaging is different on different markets.[/b]
It's surprising that countries geographically so close have so different trim levels. As far as I know all the cars are coming to Estonia through Finland. I just expected the customer preferences in regards to equipment to be the same in Northern European countries.

BTW I checked the Swedish Mazda site. Can you tell me what "Hjulsidor, heltäckande" means. It seems to be something available only with 1.8 (just curious if I have one ;) ).

Thanks[/b][/quote]

Sweden and Finland are quite different in terms of customer preference (I know, I work with marketing). That might explain differences in equipment levels.

"Hjulsidor" means wheel covers. "Heltäckande" means "completely covering", telling that you do not see the steel rims behind them...

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
244 Posts

"Hjulsidor" means wheel covers. "Heltäckande" means "completely covering", telling that you do not see the steel rims behind them...[/b]
Thanks

I suspected that it can't be anything to brag about... :)

·
Registered
244 Posts

Sweden and Finland are quite different in terms of customer preference (I know, I work with marketing). That might explain differences in equipment levels.

Steve[/b]
Although sharing equipment levels with finns, the preferences are somewhat different in here too. According to my dealer, the most likely top seller in Finland is the entry level Classic trim, while estonians tend to prefer more luxurious Elegance.
I would personally prefer light tan or grey leather interior, but with a sales quota of 30-40 cars per month (at least in the beginning) it's not a market that could dictate changes in equipment offered :crap:

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I would personally prefer light tan or grey leather interior, but with a sales quota of 30-40 cars per month (at least in the beginning) it's not a market that could dictate changes in equipment offered :crap:[/b]
That's typical. It's rare to have the opportunity of getting exactly the equipment you'd like. When I understood that the "Sparkling silver" wasn't yet available in Sweden, we thought about the Canary Yellow. "That only comes with the 2.3 sport", the dealer said. Well, not that it matters much. Now that I've seen the color I've ordered, I must say I'm quite happy with my choice.

Personally, I think they should completely skip packaging as "touring", "elegance", "sport" etc. and let us choose color, engine, trim, body etc. as from a Smorgasbord. But I know that's too much to ask since it makes marketing more difficult...

/Steve

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sigvard,

could you take some pics of the Interior in your car? Would be interesting to see how it looks inside.

Thanks.

/Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts

Here in Holland is it also quite simple when it comes to the combinations. All colours are available for all kinds. We've got the following colours. Is it the same as in other country's?

Sparkling Silver

Black

Silver Contrail

Strato Blue

Grace Green

Blue Pacific

Garnet

About the colourcombinations in the interior; this is as far as I know;

Exclusive: black, black and black
Touring: Light colored (velours) seats and a lighter half on the dashboard
Executive: black leather (perhaps availeble in more colors)
Active: black leather

That's all....

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks, MattFast!

I think we have the same colors here in Sweden, although the pictures from your dutch website doesn't do the colors much justice. The SparklingSilver looks like green to me, but actually it is a very light silver metallic. Silver contrail (which is the color I've ordered for my 6 and the same as Sigvard's) look grey.

Anyway, colors differ from market to market. Sparkling silver wasn't available here yet. But it is in the catalogue, so I guess it will appear later.

Interesting what you write about the interior colors. That matches my own observations here.

/Steve

·
Registered
244 Posts

Sigvard,

could you take some pics of the Interior in your car? Would be interesting to see how it looks inside.

Thanks.

/Steve[/b]
Look at the photos on Swedish Mazda page. The picture of dasboard in interiors section shows exactly what my car looks from inside. Of course I'll try and post some images of my own. Just tell me what parts of the interior you're interested.

Regards

·
Registered
48 Posts

although the pictures from your dutch website doesn't do the colors much justice.[/b]
Absolutely right. They don't really match with the real colors. 'Cause its been changed by computer offcourse. I found some pics (quality isn't all that) of the different interiors

Exclusive

Touring

Active/Executive

My mom will never buy the Active or Executive, so when I have too choose between the exclusive and the touring, my interest will go to the Exclusive. Looks more sporty. But then you haven't got electric windows in the back and another few things and even worse: the mirrors on the outside aren't the same color like the rest, but in very 'flashy' black!! UHG!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The picture of dasboard in interiors section shows exactly what my car looks from inside. Of course I'll try and post some images of my own. Just tell me what parts of the interior you're interested.[/b]
Thanks, Sigvard.

If yours look the same as the one on the swedish website you don't have to take any pictures for me, I'm pleased with that.

I just wanted to get a feeling of what the interior was like in your car, the 1.8 version, to see if it was any different from the 2.0 as I'm expecting it. Doesn't look very different.

/Steve

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

MattFast,

thanks for the pics. Cool.

One thing I didn't know: have you seen the lower buttons on the Executive/Exclusive model? They are different from the touring.

/Steve

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by MattFast

My mom will never buy the Active or Executive, so when I have too choose between the exclusive and the touring, my interest will go to the Exclusive. Looks more sporty. But then you haven't got electric windows in the back and another few things and even worse: the mirrors on the outside aren't the same color like the rest, but in very 'flashy' black!! UHG![/b]
I would still suggest to consider Touring. The Exclusive seems to lack some very important comfort features like audio controls and cruise control on the steering wheel as well as automatic climate control (couldn't imagine my car without these :err: ). Be sure to get the cloth or leather seats though (if available of course); because the velour seems to wear out very rapidly.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The Exclusive seems to lack some very important comfort features like audio controls and cruise control on the steering wheel as well as automatic climate control (couldn't imagine my car without these :err: ). Be sure to get the cloth or leather seats though (if available of course); because the velour seems to wear out very rapidly.[/b]
That explains the other style of the buttons. Anyway - you are absolutely right. Never again a car without climate control (I have it in my present 626 also, and it's great). In the Swedish packaging, however, the ACC is standard in all models.

/Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts

You are right. The Exclusive lacks with the following things (compared with the 1.8 Touring) :

- electric windows in the back
- heated mirrors
- automatic climat control

There are more, but these are the most important ones. So when it comes to the equipment, I prefer the Touring

You are also right about the buttons Steve. The Exclusive hasn't got bottons that you can press.

·
Registered
246 Posts

I think we have the same colors here in Sweden, although the pictures from your dutch website doesn't do the colors much justice. The SparklingSilver looks like green to me, but actually it is a very light silver metallic. Silver contrail (which is the color I've ordered for my 6 and the same as Sigvard's) look grey.

/Steve[/b]
Maybe this Mazda6-folder (in pdf. format; so I don't know if it's possible to post it here => found out it wasn't :() gives a better view at all the colors.

Coen

Ps. maybe it's possible to post it somewhere on a downloadssection (see my topic @ 'site suggestions')

1 - 20 of 31 Posts