Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some type of tutorial for this? I installed my new Exile XTEC speakers last weekend, and I was planning to mount the crossovers in the back by my amps and run two 16 gauge wires to each door (for the tweet and mid). After trying to get the wire through the harness in the door jamb for a few hours I gave up and used the stock wiring for now with the crossover in the map pocket. If anyone has any insight that would help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I don't know which part you're referring to when you mention the molex connector. In the door jamb there is the rubber boot which contains the wires. On the door side is a flat plastic piece which the wires run through just before the go behind the door panel. On the car side is a white plastic piece which all of the wires go into.

I'm not understanding which part needs to be disconnected. I opened up the flat plastic piece on the car side, and there's nothing except the wires running though it (like it just flattens the wire loom so it fits better into the door. It appears that the wires run from the white plastic piece on the car side all the way to where they plug into the door trim with no additional connector between. You didn't by any chance take any pictures did you? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I guess I don't know which part you're referring to when you mention the molex connector. In the door jamb there is the rubber boot which contains the wires. On the door side is a flat plastic piece which the wires run through just before the go behind the door panel. On the car side is a white plastic piece which all of the wires go into.

I'm not understanding which part needs to be disconnected. I opened up the flat plastic piece on the car side, and there's nothing except the wires running though it (like it just flattens the wire loom so it fits better into the door. It appears that the wires run from the white plastic piece on the car side all the way to where they plug into the door trim with no additional connector between. You didn't by any chance take any pictures did you? Thanks for your help.
[/b]

That white plastic piece is the molex connector. You need to pop it out of the door jam, then you can separate the connector, and drill through it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That white plastic piece is the molex connector. You need to pop it out of the door jam, then you can separate the connector, and drill through it.
[/b]
How the heck does that pop out? I pried on it for over an hour and couldn't get it all the way out. It would come out far enough that I could see some blue plastic on it, but I couldn't for the life of me get it to actually come loose.

·
Registered
705 Posts
There is a small like button almost you have to push down for the connectors to seperate. I did this on my 6. Once you get a few done it's no big deal. But the driver's side door is the biggest pain in the ass, so just take your time and be patient.

Read through that link dave put up also. I added input back then too...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a small like button almost you have to push down for the connectors to seperate. I did this on my 6. Once you get a few done it's no big deal. But the driver's side door is the biggest pain in the ass, so just take your time and be patient.

Read through that link dave put up also. I added input back then too...
[/b]
Where is said button located? The only things I saw to press were the small buttons on the four corners of the connector which allow it to move in the first place. Is the button you are referring to visible after the connector slides out a little? Sorry for the numerous questions, but I am so baffled after messing with it for so long.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yeah I think you gotta pull the connector out from the vehicle a little to access the buttons. then it's easy to see, just sometimes hard to push to get the molex connectors to seperate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts