Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay hotshots, we've all spent alot of time AND money makin' our cars fast and pretty. Tell us where you take your baby when you wanna lay down some rubber. BE SPECIFIC! Tell us about the road conditions/hazzards, cops (hiding places) etc.

One of my favs is rt 81 south from Wilkes Barre PA to Harrisburg. Exits 156 thru to about exit 70. Great stretch, lots of hills and nice curves and plenty of room to rung what cha brung. Be careful...it can be FOGGY,and on occaison you WILL see Bambi and friends by the roadside. Cops tend to hide along the bushes in the middle of the roadway, so bring your balls AND your radar detector.
Other favs in Philly are the Wissahickon and Kelly/MLK Drives. the Wissahickon Drive is a VERY TIGHT and BUMPY series of S curves connected by short straights. It can be very slippery when wet, and parts of it usually are. The posted speed limit is 35mph, the locals average about 50! Be careful clippin those apexes mario, there's a PLOICE STATION just as you come to the end. Kelly/MLK Drives are a series of huge sweeping S curves that run along the river in/out of center city Philly. Nice for cruzin, showin off the whip, and pickin up chicks

Holla

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
In before the Lock......

FYI your an idiot for posting this stuff anyway

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In before the Lock......
FYI your an idiot for posting this stuff anyway
[/b]
???What, I'm an IDIOT for ASKIN about fav roads?! Nobody in the tri-state has a fav road? Whateva. Official Clutch killer?! Yea right. Where ya doin all that clutch killin? In your drive way? if you have a tri-state track/road course, post it.

Peace.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yea, clutch killer.... when I went to Chevy's Rev-it-up Event. I burned those sons-a-bitches bad.

You said fav roads to speed on... now if you said hey I like to go to XXX racetrack thats a diffrent story or this road is nice to go crusing on. You made it sound like they're good spots to speed on

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, clutch killer.... when I went to Chevy's Rev-it-up Event. I burned those sons-a-bitches bad.

You said fav roads to speed on... now if you said hey I like to go to XXX racetrack thats a diffrent story or this road is nice to go crusing on. You made it sound like they're good spots to speed on
[/b]
Okay...this post is about favorite roads. This IS NOT ABOUT SPEEDING. How you drive these roads is up to you. I'm sorry for making it SOUND that way. Hey, I just like details. People recommend roads all the time, I just like to know why..twisty, scenic,hilly,bumpy...etc. It's no good to pick a road to cruise on, only to find out some dumb ricers like to use it for drag racing, or it's heavily congested, or worse, under construction. This post is all about cool roads and the details that make them cool. :) That said, I'd also like to know about your fav tracks and/ or road courses too. The 6 is ALL about the drive, fast or slow.
So, Smoke your took your 6 gun to a knife fight eh? Sounds like fun...how many did you take down? Got a buddy who has Cobalt SS...he swears is the sh^t. It's ok...but IT AINT a 6! How often are these events held and where?

holla

·
Registered
152 Posts
Between Buckingham and New Hope, Bucks County- Sugan Road- it runs from rte 263 all the way down to New Hope.
Check out 32/River Road from Easton south to New Hope.

·
Registered
275 Posts
During the early summer a bunch of us got together here in lower bucks (yardley area) to do some backroad driving. Let me tell you it was the most fun i've had with the 6. Sharp turns, up and downs, I mean it was awesome. Raynman and marlon will be able to tell you about it. I unfortunately got split up and had to head home but the ride was SWEETTTTT...

By the way, smokeU...Think and read the thread COMPLETELY before you call someone an idiot bro..Just a piece of advice..

·
Registered
405 Posts
Allentown Rd. Between Telford and Quakertown. Insane! used to be so much fun in my MR2 and SLK320! Riding on motorcycles on it is fun too! And it's scenic!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Chatsworth - New Gretna Road coming back from AC at night...It runs north west from the parkway and intersects with Rte 72 near the circle. Awesome road at night...nice easy curves....no traffic ever...a few small towns along the way...nice wooded scenery with lakes along the way...great with a full moon and the moonroof open...my friend and I nicknamed it 'The Road'....

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I ain't telling mine, because I want my twisties all to myself. :p I'm fortunate enough to live in a corner of New Jersey that is near some nice country roads. Off the top of my head, I can identify five courses that I regularly play on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got two roads.

1- Very local to the Long Island Smithtown area. Landing Avenue. It's a little hilly with great turns and bends. If you happen to be alone on it it can be fun. You can find the beginning of it in the middle of Smithtown off of Main Street (25A) There is a frame store and a H&R Block on the corner there. Go over the traintracks and about 1/4 after it begins. It goes on for about 1 1/2 miles. Not really for speed, just for fun.

2- I used to go to school at SUNY Potsdam and would get there via the Adirondack Mountains. Lots of fun roads going through there. In NY take State Highways 28, 30 or 56 and have fun in all the turns and hills. Watch your speed on long straight aways as State Troopers tend to be around. That's not to say that you can't do 55 to 60 in the turns though! Needless to say, try to avoid these roads in the winter!

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yea I just got pulled over yesterday and got a ticket so I won't be doing any TWISTING any time soon. DAMNITTT!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Allentown Rd. Between Telford and Quakertown. Insane! used to be so much fun in my MR2 and SLK320! Riding on motorcycles on it is fun too! And it's scenic!
[/b]

haha yes i love allentown road. around earl bowling in franconia is nice aswell

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I just got pulled over yesterday and got a ticket so I won't be doing any TWISTING any time soon. DAMNITTT!!!!
[/b]
Arrgghh!! sorry about the ticket zoom. Were were you and what happened?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just speeding at 1:30 in the morning (53 on a 35)...Cop pretty much wanted to see if i was drunk or not..Didn't even give me a test or anything tho...I was scared I had 5 beers that night.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
with out a douht. best place yet named in this thread, hawks nest. its wicked fun. and only about 1 hour from long island.

http://www.portjervisny.com/hawks_nest_in_autumn.htm

also for you islanders. west neck road, north of huntington village up to llyod neck. amazing. f'in amazing. just have to watch out a bit. i know people who have gone off the road into the water.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts