Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Let's just have a Mazda6Club.com car.....

Everyone can pitch in and get it. Most competent driver can be found, I'm sure there are PLENTY of mechanics here, tuners, etc.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
But they arent closing shop right? Just getting a new Mazda....right??? [/b]
Read the last sentence, they're selling a seat in the car. That's how it works these days, you as a driver bring your sponsorship package with you to whatever team you end up driving with.
The bad part about this in pro racing is that many really good drivers without good sponsorship packages end up out of a ride, but with the costs of running a competitive pro racing car these days teams really have no other options unless they're well bankrolled.
I wonder who's not coming back to Tri-Point, Pobst, Altenberg, or Cresentini?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Read the last sentence, they're selling a seat in the car. That's how it works these days, you as a driver bring your sponsorship package with you to whatever team you end up driving with.
The bad part about this in pro racing is that many really good drivers without good sponsorship packages end up out of a ride, but with the costs of running a competitive pro racing car these days teams really have no other options unless they're well bankrolled.
I wonder who's not coming back to Tri-Point, Pobst, Altenberg, or Cresentini?
[/b]
of the 3....I HOPEEEEE Its Dino Cresentini.......always lagging in the back all the time!.....Dont get me wrong, that last race..I believe he was running FULL Force at Luguna Seca. (To bad Randy blew a tire though!! :swearin:

They HAVE to keep RANDY!!.....and Jeff is awesome also!! He's great........aahahaa he's Hard on those brakes,but he knows how to handle his car!!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Looks like they may be selling a car and have a seat available. Seems like two different offers to me.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The car isn't for sale, the seat is for sale according to Craig, both Jeff and Randy are back next year. They are looking for a 3rd driver that can provide their own sponsorship/financing. Tindol Motorsports will have Charles Espenlaub and Charlie Putman back next year and they are looking for a 3rd driver as well, Mary Katherine is still a possibility for next year in a 4th car.

We'll be down in Charlotte next weekend to pay a visit to the Tindol operation and to speak to Chris.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for info Marlon. I was beginning to wonder if Randy was going to turn that At Speed Porsche ride into a full time deal.

Anyone care to speculate what the seat is worth? I have seen Grand Am Cup ST seats for around $10-15k per race...I would imagine that a highly competitive WCGT seat would be at least that...

I like MS6_8_U_UP's idea. As a TOTALLY out-there extension of it: let's say we get 1000 members to throw in $250 ($250k should do for a healthy budget). We have try-outs and Tri-Point picks the fastest driver out of, say, the top 10. Now we just need a car and some track time for 1000 people...yeah that shouldn't be a problem...yep....reallllll easy....OK I'll go back to my bong now... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts