Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My transmition is automatic, I found my self changing gears from "S" to drive "D" all the time, just like if I have a mechanical transmition, I use it to slow down the car from "D" to "S" so I don't have to apply the brakes to hard, I start on the lights with "S" and then I get into "D" when I feel the motor need it, and I feel the car has more power this way that if I let the transmition to shift gears on its own if I only use "D".

So here comes the questions: :)

It is bad for the transmition or the car to be changing gears all the time?

Can my transmition breaks if I slow down the car, going to lower gear so I don't have to apply the brakes to hard when I'm going 120 and a smart guy braked in front of me?

thanks

Alex

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reading Topic: transmition

yeh... i kinda wonder if anyone is good at playing around with the activematic to achieve slightly better performance than ur ordinary "D" mode....

·
Registered
514 Posts
Replying to Topic 'transmition'

Originally posted by QBA

It is bad for the transmition or the car to be changing gears all the time?[/b]
no. That's what it's designed to do.

Originally posted by QBA
Can my transmition breaks if I slow down the car, going to lower gear so I don't have to apply the brakes to hard when I'm going 120 and a smart guy braked in front of me?[/b]
no... as long as dropping the gear doen't redline the car (in which case the auto should ignore your downshift request anyway).

-Alt

·
Registered
322 Posts
Reading Topic: transmition

I've been playing with activematic transmission, using engine braking etc. Usage of gas goes to 0.0l/100km when engine braking so maybe that's some extra k's saved up, but then you also usually bring it up to 4-5 at the lights because it's fun so that probably wastes more gas than you save ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts