Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just took my 6 in for an oil change/tire rotation since it was about due, and I'm driving to Indy in about an hour. So not only did they oil change/tire rotate, but they also washed it and cleaned the interior ... and they updated some software. The service report says

Transmission XXB095R2 .2)
Cause: Perform Service Action MSP10
MSP10 Campaign MSP10-Updated CAN
Communication (XXB095R1 .3 A0524
99/99 and if manual transmission
XXB095%2 .2)
559 WPM 0.30
FC: 99/99 Part# Count:

I don't really know what all that means, but ihe said it was covered under warranty, so i guess that'd charge for it otherwise?

But on the way home I drove in both automatic and manumatic and my transmission shifting felt significantly smoother. Even when i shifted in manumatic with my foot off the gas (which i don't normally do, i just did for testing purposes)

I'm at 21,600 miles roughly and the mainteance guy said everything still looked like, and was working like new.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um, when i bought the car on March 30th ... so just about exactly 6 months ago

·
Registered
359 Posts
that would be why, MSP10 is a firmware/calibration for the TCM/PCM, which they usually only flash the PCM/TCM during service work. I doubt they check the firmware revision during the buy/sell process.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are you driving the 4 cyl or the 6 cyl? (diff trannys)

Didn't see the V6 badge on you car in the photo ... but then again there are quite a few people who's 6s don't have the side badges

1 - 7 of 7 Posts