Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz I own a mazda 6 2005 2.0 I4.its got 110000kms on it. Since I bought it I have been having problems with transmission shifting hard between 1st and 2nd gear. I have changed transmission filter once and transmission fluid three times so far but no affect.Its usually worse when the engine is cold.
I also have a problem with acceleration is quite rough and its been like that ever since. I changed spark plugs and spark plug wires and cleaned MAF but same situation.
Can someone advise me on the situation.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
As much as I usually hate to use or recommend additives, I am a firm believer in Lubegard 'red'. NAPA carries it and I would seriously considering trying it.

Obviously a mechanical issue should be looked into, but I'd try the easy route first. I added it to my '05 during the last fluid run, as well as with the last fluid change, and I have no doubt it helped the feel and action of my tranny at the first add.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
have you driven anyone elses car that is the same model? not sure what trans the 2.0 has, and i know the car isn't exactly peppy if my 2.3 atx only ran 118whp i'm sure the 2.0 is right around 100 or so....in a 3000lb car it's not too great.

i think i've seen a few others on here from the middle east, most have posted in the 2.0 section....maybe try hitting them up via pm to get their input?

Reactions: latent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called up the mazda dealers and they told me that it is a common problem and the transmission needs overhauling. and they quoted me a ridiculous price of 9000 if I do it with them. karlt10 we dont get those products here in mid east.we have tranny honey which i tried last time i did oil change and it worked for a while.I havent tried any other mazda6s around.I am wondering if I should buy another transmission from scrap.when I click 100kph my rpms are around 3000 which is too much. I dont know if its all because of the tranx issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts