Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2003 6S with the auto tranny (obviously) and have 95k miles on the car. Over the past few months I have noticed fluid leaking under the car and on the ground. Oil level and tranny fluid levels are OK. There is also a rattle that comes from the engine bay, on the left side. The rattle happens when I put the car into drive, forward or reverse, and sounds like metal on metal rattle.

Anyone have an idea of what this would be before I take it somewhere to have it looked at?

·
Registered
801 Posts
QUOTE (SeeMeZoomZoom @ Feb 15 2010, 06:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637141
So I have a 2003 6S with the auto tranny (obviously) and have 95k miles on the car. Over the past few months I have noticed fluid leaking under the car and on the ground. Oil level and tranny fluid levels are OK. There is also a rattle that comes from the engine bay, on the left side. The rattle happens when I put the car into drive, forward or reverse, and sounds like metal on metal rattle.

Anyone have an idea of what this would be before I take it somewhere to have it looked at?[/b]
It might be your CP-E cold air intake pipe rubbing against the metal hole. It happend to me before, I just put a bunjee cord to lift up the pipe so it wont rub. Also check your engine and transmission mounts. Maybe time to upgrade them to aftermarket. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (kryptoknight @ Feb 16 2010, 02:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637285
It might be your CP-E cold air intake pipe rubbing against the metal hole. It happend to me before, I just put a bunjee cord to lift up the pipe so it wont rub. Also check your engine and transmission mounts. Maybe time to upgrade them to aftermarket. ;)[/b]
I don't have a CP-E CAI installed. I am taking it to a local transmission shop today to have it looked at. I checked the AT fluid last night and it was at the bottom of the dipstick. The sop does a free inspection so they can try and find the leak and see what is rattling.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the saga continues. Transmission shop calls me back and says I have a CEL for P1723, 3rd Gear Ratio. I took it in for a tranny fluid leak and now they want to tear apart my transmission for $385. I called my local Mazda dealership and talked to service department who said something is phishy with this, and they wouldn't tear it apart for that. Of course, the tranny shop cleared the codes and I don't have a record of it for the dealership to pull freeze frame data.

Anyone else had this code before on the ATX?

·
Registered
801 Posts
QUOTE (SeeMeZoomZoom @ Feb 17 2010, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637714
So the saga continues. Transmission shop calls me back and says I have a CEL for P1723, 3rd Gear Ratio. I took it in for a tranny fluid leak and now they want to tear apart my transmission for $385. I called my local Mazda dealership and talked to service department who said something is phishy with this, and they wouldn't tear it apart for that.

Anyone else had this code before on the ATX?[/b]
Im thinking maybe it's the flex plate or the torque converter, did you actually see where's the tranny fluid leak comming from?

Good luck and I hope you're still covered under warranty.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (kryptoknight @ Feb 17 2010, 05:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637736
Im thinking maybe it's the flex plate or the torque converter, did you actually see where's the tranny fluid leak comming from?

Good luck and I hope you're still covered under warranty.[/b]
No, I can't find the leak. I have looked all over and can't find it. As for the warranty, not 7 years old and 95K miles. We'll see how bad this one is going to get.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, dealership calls and says that the rattle is from a heat shield that is loose. Done! As for the tranny fluid leak, it's coming from the radiator when the lines go in and the radiator needs replaced. $700!!! I called a local auto parts store and they ordered me a radiator for $135, be here Saturday. Looks like that is my project for the weekend. Anyone have the service manual that could send me the section on replacing the radiator?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts