Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, heres the problem: i learnt how to drive on an automatic car, and have driven an auto ever since. However i want to start driving a manual (or stick shift as they call it in the US) and have had 2 lessons. I know the basics, and now need a car to practice in. I'm considering the M6 Classic Hatch for this purpose and was wondering how the transmission feels on them, like are they stiff and difficult to move, or are they free from the get go?

Ta

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Transmission Question'

I found the transmission to be very smooth and easy to shift. A little long in the clutch but not bad. However, I learned to drive manual when I was twelve . Go for a test drive and scare the crap out of them....:D Make them earn their money :D My salesman had a slight sweat on his brow by the time I was done.

:D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Transmission Question

I'd say they're pretty smooth shifting based on my test drive. I guess it depends on point of view. What kind of car did you take your 2 lessons in? I'm driving an 88 honda accord beater and the 5-speed shifter is pretty stiff. Hard to learn on, but I think it's better to learn a stiffer tranny and move to something smoother. Funny about the clutch travel with the M6: I swear I noticed the same thing a couple years ago when I drove a 96 626. Is this how Mazda sets up the clutch pedal?

k

1 - 3 of 3 Posts